Sunday, 26 June 2011

The Single Life

So it turns out I don't 'do' this whole living solo business anymore.

Its only been 2 nights but I am over being by myself. I'm amazed at how used to having another person around that I have got. Back in the day when I first moved to this area I lived in a big ole house by myself rather happily for several months until I got some flatmates. At the time the Fella and I were in the very early stages of a relationship. When I say early stages I mean he would stop by my house in the middle of the night, usually after being out drinking, for a booty call say once maybe twice per week and sometimes on the weekend we would get together. Yep we were what you call 'friends with benefits'. I'm not ashamed to admit it. In fact I find it rather amusing considering he was so sure at the time he didn't want me to fall in love with him and he didn't want a girlfriend. Ha and here I still am! Anywho....at that point I didn't view us with any potential so was seeing other people (I will point out I was not however sleeping with other people...just exploring my options lol....I do have some sense of morality).

Then somehow I realised that perhaps I like him a bit more than I should...probably about the same time I started to date this other guy and tried to cut ties with the fella but it didn't work so I ended up cutting ties with the other guy. Anyway point being eventually the Fella and I became more than friends (with one slight hiccup where he broke up with me but that last 2mths before he realised he was a stupid head and got me back...more than likely after hearing that infact other men were indeed interested in me and I was moving on!). And until we became more serious I really enjoyed living alone. I loved the freedom. I loved that my house was always clean and tidy. That I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted. That I could go out whenever I liked.

Infact a little part of me kind of wished that sometimes I could go back to that (a teeny tiny minsicule part) but NOT anymore.

After 2 nights I'm waiting patiently for the Fella to return home. And evidently I still have 2 more nights :( He's home tomorrow night but I'll be away at netball so won't get to see him till Tuesday.

The dumb thing is that normally over the weekend he goes off and does his thing here and there and I spend lots of time alone but I guess those times I know he's coming home and I'll have someone to talk to other than the dog.
Oh well.

Today I went next door and had lunch with my friend and hung out with them for a couple hours. That was great to break my routine of obsessively checking FB, forums and blogs for some kind of contact with the outside world lol. Weekend TV here is rubbish (seriously do they not realise that not everyone has a social life?) and the weather is tragic. Well I did get into the garden for a bit until one of the dogs did a runner and spent and hour looking for it which meant I lost my gardening mojo by that point. And today well it might as well be snowing.

I definately think our mild winter has turned for the worse. Hmmm best be chucking on the jacket and braving the cold to feed the cows and dogs. Then might be time for a hot shower.

Only 1 more sleep till my appt!

1 comment:

  1. LOL I relate. I still have a whole week until mine comes back! :-(
    I actually put out a plea on FB demanding that my friends take me out. Hopefully that will keep me distracted. You've only got 2 more nights, you can do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete