This time next week the Fella and I will be in away on our holiday. We would've already spent one night at a hotel and gone to the big farming expo that we're going to (might not sound like your idea of fun but I'm actually looking forward to that part).
I actually can't express how much I am looking forward to only working 3.5 days this week. We're leaving Thursday lunchtime. I managed to swing Thursday afternoon as well as Friday.
Exciting!
And randomly somewhere out of nowhere the Fella has become interested in having a social life. Not that he's anti-social but in our relationship I'm madam social butterfly and he is more like a hermit crab. Weddings etc I go to alone. Its great though because he never stops me from having a life...its how we roll. Let it be said though he will usually go to things close to home and further afield if it involves family but otherwise not really. Anywho I digressed. Back to his interest in being social.
So the local "rag" had this article about a group of blokes who have organised a ball to raise funds for Christchurch (yes blokes...straight blokes...organising a ball..not unheard of but I live in a big farming community...not usually what our blokes organise round these parts!). They've got All Blacks coming and all sorts. So I'm looking wishfully at the this article thinking how nice it would be to go as I love balls and dressing up when he pipes up and says "Think we'd better go to that" and now is on at me to make sure I get tickets. I'd intended to go home to see my brother before he heads of overseas but looks like that ain't happening now I have a ball to attend lol.
Again exciting!
There's also another Ball coming up in July which I am going to make him go to while he's on a roll.
THEN my netball team is having a social night in about a month and dresses are expected.
Luckily I have lots of dresses to choose from its just deciding which to wear to which function...oh the dilemma of it all :0 How do people of 'high society' cope?
So yep life is busy busy busy.
I feel a bit guilty for not going home to see my brother especially since he's going away to work in Auz with his girlfried who I haven't met yet depsite their relationship being nearly a year old! But honestly between now and um like December my calendar is loaded. Don't ask me how or why...I daren't write it all down for fear of having a mental lol.
At least it distracts me from the real issues in my life I suppose.
Not to worry...all in good time xx
No comments:
Post a Comment