So yesterday after I posted I discovered an email from yesterday's said friend with pics of the ultrasound. At the time I was like 'really?' I just don't need this today. With the pics was a wee update message. So I sent back a very short and sweet reply - all positive just short which is unlike me with this particular friend. I felt terrible but it was all I could do at the time I just wasn't in the right place.
Anywho this morning I felt bad and thought I'd better email again. So I did. I said sorry for the short email and explained that I was having a downer day and I didn't want to bust her buzz. Which is true really. I don't want her to feel like she can't tell me stuff about the joy in her life. I added in stuff about what I'd been up to. Nothing about ttc though. No point going there its the same story different day. Anyway she replied later on saying how she had been worried because my reply had been so short and hoped I was ok. She is such a honey. She is always there for me when I need her. She will be excited for me when I finally get pregnant. And when she comes to visit next May I will go and hold her child and be happy for her because I couldn't live without her friendship.
So short of the long is I'm back on an even keel with that. Thanks must got to Greensprout for her fantastic comment that made me realise (or re-realise) that I don't need to compare myself to others. I need to focus on my journey and not be jealous of others. I have so much to be thankful for and I need to remember that.
Wow feels great to clear my head. Now must be off to carry on with the cleaning missions my fella has got me on (can you tell I've been procrastinating lol)
Hey!! Glad to read that you are in a bit of better head space and back in the saddle. It is definately hard to focus on ourselves sometimes...if not quite a lot... which is kind of ironic because it is that self care and attention which is going to be the thing that helps the most with puffing out ones chest and fluffing feathers. :-)
ReplyDelete