So today was doomed from the beginning.
My usual Thursday morning routine goes like this 5.30am alarm goes off and I drag my butt outta bed to get ready for Zumba before work. 6am I hit the road and 6.30am class starts.
Todays Thursday morning routine went like this...wake up, its dark out, look at clock (its analogue)3.50am..sweet I think and crash back to sleep. Wake up....slowly realise its NOT dark anymore infact rather light....swear look at clock 3.50am still.....oh shit.....stomp down the hall to see the 'real' time....6.30am. Zumba starting as I swear through my teeth with NO hope of getting there. Gutted! So I build a bridge (pretty darn quickly while showering) and get over it get ready for work in 20mins and hoon out the door. If only my day of bad ended there...but it doesn't.
So the plan was that today one of use would pick up a bbq that we'd brought off my good friend who is moving house. The issue with this is she is planning on moving out this weekend so needed the bbq gone and my fella was dragging the chain about getting it picked up. Then when we finally managed to get someone round there it was locked in the shed so long story short I arranged to have the key left so I could grab it. Why o why did I do this?
Anyway I leave for work and the agreement was that my fella would get the key from me and grab the bbq today. On the way to work I decided I'd just zoom up to her house get the bbq out ready for him to pick up and job done no need for him to come round to work to get it. Why o why did I do that?
So now I'm at the house and put the key in the roller door unlock it then flick the door up and 'ping'!!! there goes the key. Snapped. In. Half. Oh shit......
Yes I am the dumb b**ch who did not take the key out of the roller door before rolling the door! And that's when my day turned bad...
Thankfully there is some light amongst the shadows of this story.
Luckily I managed to get the broken bit out so then I had the two pieces of the key. My next mission then became trying to get a new key cut. I live in a tiny town. We have a part time dentist, a chiropractor that visits once a week for half a day, same with the optometrist and physio and many other services others take for granted. So as you can imagine finding a locksmith type person was going to be hard. But I found one...albeit not very friendly one but one. After humming and haaring he managed to cut a new key except it didn't work in the lock. So he (who is a real jerk and doesn't know anything) tells me I would now need a new lock. By this stage its afternoon (I broke the key at 7.30am) and I'm starting to panic and on the verge of tears.
Its now that I decide to come clean to the friend who's shed it is as I hadn't mentioned it yet. I wanted to try fix the problem first. So I text her and she just asks if it could be locked. Nothing else. So on top of the lock thing I'm freaking out that if I don't get this fixed she will hate me or something (probably not that much but I hate people being upset with me!). Finally the school day ends I start phase 2 of mission fix the lock...which is hindsight should have been phase 1 as would've saved me a lot of stress.
I track down the woodwork teacher at school. Tell him my issue and he claims that yes he could help me out. So after giving him the key he checks out the lock and discovers it works ok and just needs a new key. So then we go to the engineering shop and they ring a locksmith in the city with the code on the key and get 2 ordered to be sent overnight. THEN they take the old key and put it back together! And then we put the lock back and got the key going and hey presto! Sorted.
What a relief! I didn't get to catch up with my pal though and I just hope she's ok and I didn't piss her off too much. I'm being positive and think that I DID sort it out and the shed is usable and lockable still and I am replacing the key so it will be ok.
Anywho in amongst that chaos I managed to stand on the scales this morning and amazingly I found that I've lost 5kg!!! So as you can imagine I was on a high this morning despite the alarm thing...in fact I felt bullet proof. But that's karma for you I guess!!
Phew - great to get that off my chest and actually as I wrote it I had to laugh. Its quite funny really.
No comments:
Post a Comment