Sunday, 29 May 2011

Baby Talk Can Make You Mental.

I've arrived home after spending the weekend visiting friends 3hrs away. We all met while at university, all but me come from the same hometown.

One friend along with her husband and 4mths old baby were visiting home from Auz. One friend had travelled home to catch up with above friend and us all. She is going on her OE soon so my visit also encompassed seeing her before she went. Then there were the friends that still live in the 'hometown'.

On Friday night we all met up at "Auz Friends" parents home for dinner. At this dinner there was a total of 3 younger childre. An 8wk old, 4mth old and 1 yr old. One of the girls there didn't have her 1yr old with her as she was sick.
Do you see where I'm going...?

Baby talk. There was TONNES of it. Tonnes of talk about babies. Its only natural but it was friggin hard to take. There were other friends there with no kids like me but as far as I know I'm the only one trying and having trouble. There was the occasional question and discussion about other things but then it'd whip right round to babies. And how lucky they are their kids are such good sleepers. Then it went onto contraception and how fertile they must be and blah de blah. Ok so they didn't exactly come right out and say the fertile stuff (well not that night any way) but you get my picture. Then the conversation turned to when they were having the next one and one of them (the one with the absent child) announced she was 12wks pregnant. Oh the joy of it!

Let it be said I was the first to say congratulations and to be honest I wasn't surprised. I have been waiting for this day the entire 18mths I've been ttc. Naturally I had that selfish reaction and wanted to cry. I didn't. I was strong. Luckily there were so many of us I could just zone out and watch the rugby on TV and not have to participate too much in the conversation.
What can I do? Its just something I have to accept is going to happen now.

Anywho am pleased to say that despite all the baby talk making me mental the weekend was good. A few of us got together for lunch yesterday. Then the friend I was staying with while there and I hung out at her place for a bit. We had a great heart to heart. I told her that I had been dreading the dinner the night before. I was totally honest about how selfish I felt. She is such a great friend! She doesn't try to fix it she justs listens. It was good. Then the Auz friend and the OE friend came round to hang out too.
Was nice just the four of us hanging out. Still got the you're young speech but in the most caring way I might add. Also got the sometimes you just try and try and once you stop it happens. I just politely agreed and bit my tongue.

So yep that was my weekend. I survived it and had fun too. Yay!!

8dpo today and I'm not hopeful. I'm just counting down the days till my naturopath appt. AF should be here on Friday or Saturday. Its a long weekend this weekend coming...looking forward to relaxing.


ETA - OMG!! I just hit 200 posts and didn't even realise!! Go me :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you survived and got away without any too deep scars. The mood i've been in lately I might have ran away from the group screaming.

    Woo hoo for the 200~

    ReplyDelete