Today I am feeling a lot better. Maybe the big cry I had in the car on the way home helped. Who knows?
I got home late after netball training and was in a bit of a state, not that the fella really noticed at first. It wasn’t till I sat down and he looked at me and said in his usual kiwi blokey way “My baby you look like you need a root” (I know. CRASS!!). Well that set me off and I could barely get out “there’ll be none of that tonight” before my voice started to crack and I tried REALLY hard not to cry again. On my drive home I’d planned this whole conversation in my head that naturally did not include me bawling like a baby. I’d decided that when he asked I would be honest in my response, that I would stop treating him like he should know what is wrong because hello he’s a man. He doesn’t know. Anyway he doesn’t do crying or upset girlfriend well so quickly made himself busy. He was lovely though and gave me sympathy and love I needed. He seems to think that it should be easier to handle now and in his words “I thought you’d be used to not being pregnant and just be in a rhythm of getting your period”. Males.
At that point I decided that ‘that’ conversation wouldn’t be happening there and then. I mean I get what he meant. He’s a guy, a farmer at that and doesn’t ‘do’ touchy feeling feelings crap. I was too upset and wound up to rationally go any further with any sort of discussion anyway so dropped it.
Don’t worry though we will be having that convo in the very near future.
Watch this space.
Most blokes don't do it well and either retreat or attempt to placate. Either one isn't productive so it is generally pro to attack it as rationally and logically as possible...something we don't do well as females. Lol! Seriously, for two entities that have to mate you'd think we were better designed in the communication thing. Oh well. Glad you are feeling a bit better and were able to have that emotional release. Sometimes a fantastic big cry can help immensely. Xxx
ReplyDelete