Monday, 16 May 2011

The Week Of Ov

Its no secret that harden ttcers live their lives by weekly increments. First there's the period "week" (its only days really but feels like a friggin week when you're in the thick of it) then its a few days of relaxed pleasure because:
a) period has ended
b) ov is at least 7 more days away so no point worrying and
c) if you're like me and haven't quit the drink cold turkey then a quiet wine or tasty gin is ok and because you're period is finished and you're over the disappointment of another failed cycle and now optimisitc and this will be 'the' month you feel like a drink to celebrate.

Moving right along. Then it becomes The Week of Ovulation which I think should be right up there with the Two Week Wait in terms of importantness. This is the week where I start cooking up ideas on how to get laid. Its the week where not only do I cook up how to get laid I cook up how to get laid without putting too much pressure on. And I try to make sure I get laid right on the day of ov. Its tiring work I tell ya. I always freak out that I'm going to freakishly miss ovulation even though every single cycle I have had ovary pain that coincides with positive opk's when I've taken them as well as ewcm. And I've never ever ov'd before CD14..ever. After 18mths I've come to trust my instincts and my body. I guess I'm lucky I get that sure sign.

So anywho that's me this week. The Week of Ovulation. Then its that horrible 2 week wait which I would like to warn you all I will not be following this time round. AND please remind me of this ladies next week at 4dpo when I start imagining that I have some sort of random symptom. Chances are its nothing new and I'm inventing things in my head. Traditionally the 2ww sees me writing blog posts on anything ridiculous I can think of just to blog because I need just get myself through the 2 weeks. Traditionally I write tonnes more posts which in reality just makes the wait seem longer as wastes valuable work time.

So I'm off. To do some more work and maybe suss out what CD I am because I may have forgotten *gasp*.

1 comment:

  1. I had to look up my CD today too lol, I was getting some mild cramps and have been super bitchy, so I figured my period is right around the corner... and it is. Blah! I very much wish you a Week-O-Ovulation full of the ability to persuade your hubby to sex, and a peaceful TWW.

    ReplyDelete