I'll be honest. I didn't anticipate today being that hard. Until I looked on FB.
Before I continue Happy Mother's Day to all my lovely bloggy friends who are for the first time celebrating Mother's Day. Enjoy this day. Don't feel guilty because of the people you know who are struggling. Be proud of the journey you've faced and conquered to get to this point. Believe me if I were in your shoes right now I would be taking this day for all that it could give me just like anyone else.
K so I check out FB and got a little mad. Not at the status updates saying Happy Mother's day blah de blah. They were ok and to be expected. It was just this one kind. You know those ones that you copy and paste. It asked you to repost with the name of your chn and their birth weight...repost if you're a proud mum!! Blah blah. For some reason it got my goat. Don't ask me why. Like I say if I had a child I'd probably be right in there reposting but I don't so naturally I'm jealous. I'm ok with admitting that. In fact, actually given my journey and the people I've met and the things they face I possibly wouldn't have.
Anywho. I decided to post the following.
"Today not only do I think of my mum and say happy mother's day but I also think of the mums in waiting, that for whatever reason aren't mums yet but will be one day...
Happy Day All :)"
I'd actually been thinking about it for most of the week. Guess it's my way of hinting to my FB world about infertility without coming right out and saying it. The people who know will 'get it' the people who don't..well hopefully it makes them think outside the square a bit.
As for other things.
The Fella announced on Friday that another couple ,whom of which we've recently become friends with or rather the Fella has been working for them and as they're of similar age has gotten friendly with the bloke and his wife (I've not spent much time with them so when I say 'we' I probably mean 'he'), have invited us away with them to celebrate the guys 30th Birthday. They're going away to the Field Days (which in the farming world is four days of farming heaven lol where they go to check out all sorts of farming related things) for a couple days and want us to go along with them. This means taking a Thursday and Friday off work, unpaid leave and leaving the Wednesday night. And this is where the dilemma comes in.
I want to go. Its not often the Fella wants to go away anywhere let alone hang out with other people away somewhere and I could see it being rather fun. Plus if this cycle is a bust (which come on we know it will be) then that will be roughly when I ov next time. Perfect as don't people always say 'go away on holiday and bam you'll be utd'? Might as well test the theory.
My dilemma is work. Already I've taken 3 days unpaid for a wedding. I'm planning on taking a day in August for a netball trip, one in September for a rugby world cup game then at least another 3 in November for a wedding in Auz. Add in these 2 more that's 7 days unpaid leave. Its not the money I'm worried about, heck I ain't got anything to spend it on right now, but am just worried that work is going to turn some of it down. All the other leave has valid reasons and it IS unpaid however I'm not sure they'll approve leave just because my boyfriend wants to take me away.
I don't want to let him down either. Like I say we NEVER go away and if we do its always just a quick overnight thing to attend some family thing.
What to do? What to do?
I'm thinking that I will just put in ALL the leave I know about from now till the end of the year. That way at least I won't get to later on in the year and they decide I've had enough leave and deny me when I really need it (like the trip to Auz).
Don't get me wrong my work is really great and heck looking at the amount of leave other people seem to take....
Guess we'll see.
Oh and the other thing about that particular weekend is that we have a netball fundraiser which now I'm going to have to somehow get out of. Eek!
Pehaps it is just too soon but ATM mothers day just isn't all that special. TBH after being gifted the most sleep overnight since Z was born, my morning consisted of my crying in the toilet cause I couldn't poo and then doing the drive of shame to the chemist to buy something to shove up my butt and rectify the situation. Yay! LOL! Then again I guess the only time I look forward to is Christmas cause it reminds me of childhood.
ReplyDeleteThe FB statuses annoy me too. I'm fact I dislike all ones that try and guilt users into reposting stuff to show support or love etc. I think people's actions speak louder than any FB status IMO. But anyway on the theme of mother related ones I particularly dislike the ones that rabbit on about all the sacrifices of motherhood etc. Yep it is a life altering event but I don't feel the need to broadcast it to every contact like a badge of honour etc.
-hops down off soap box-
Ahh GS gotta love your way with words my girl. I hope your body starts co-operating very soon.
ReplyDelete