Sunday, 24 October 2010

Wireless

I went shopping yesterday and got a wireless modem so now I can play on the net ANYWHERE in the house or in the garden! I'm not stranger to the wonders of wireless having worked in a building with it but to have it in my own home is just GREAT!!!

Anyway I got an update from the Aunty with the cancer...she's had scans and still needs to talk to the surgeon but it doens't appear to have spread to the lymph nodes!! Its great news. I that / hope that means that she'll have both bb's removed then have the chemo and hopefully that will smash that cancer to the curb. Obviously she still has a long awful road ahead and all but her chances but surely be better now. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to lose both breasts like that. I'm not sure if she'll have them reconstructed. She's apparently got a new man in her life (she's divorced) and she told him that she wouldn't mind and would understand if he called it quits there and then due to her illness and he told her ....get this....I don't like you for your breasts....I like you!! How sweet is that haha. He sounds like a keeper.

AFM - not much to report here. CD7 will start OPKing on CD10 (Wednesday) and see how we go from there.
Now I need to get off my fab wireless network and get on with house work and gardening since its going to be a cracker of a day :)

3 comments:

  1. Wireless is awesome. It is like converting to broadband from dialup... once you do that, you NEVER go back! My office desk gets lonely now! LOL!

    Really sorry to hear about your Aunt. :-( I look at cancer in a similar way to those struck by fertility problems. Unlucky draw. Good people get hit and it doesn't make sense.

    If it hasn't spread, that's great. Should be reasonably easy to nip in the bud by means of mastectomy. My grandmother had it done years and years back. She didn't get new ones but used to wear a bra with a mould in it. Never known any different if I hadn't been told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so never going back to a normal modem!!

    I'm positive my Aunty will be ok after her op. Stink for her is that she got infertility AND cancer..that's some real unluckiness there. She's strong though..she'll be ok.

    Thanks for your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear a good update on your Aunt. And what a fantastic support system she has! Can't wait to hear even better updates about her progress.

    And - I too LOVE my wireless modem. We live out in the country so our options are slim anyways but my provided now has wireless and i'll nver go back either!

    ReplyDelete