The toddler sitting was GREAT! We had so much fun and read like a million books and generally just hung out together doing stuff. She helped me get in the washing and do odds and bobs so it was lovely. The whole time I kept asking if she needed to go toilet as she's trained but using a potty at home not a regular toilet yet and of course I don't have a potty. Anyway her Aunty arrives to collect her and we're fluffing around trying to get the carseat in the car. "I" is running around saying my name over and over but I'm too involved in the seat thing and since I just asked her it she needed the loo didn't think anything of it. Then I go inside to get her and there we have it....wee and pooped pants! I felt terrible but she wasn't too worried. So off we trot to the loo to finish the job and tidy up not a care in the world. So yep definately got my share of 'practice' at parenting that time round lol.
And on to other things......
Thanks to greensprout for her advice after yesterdays post. Time to start trusting my body (and start using opks). So I'm currently calling today 4dpo...it may be more. And given the bedroom action timing we are in with a shot which is nice.
Made the mistake of asking a friend (the one who gets utd easily) if she had any news for me today. And of course she did. Yep she's got one in the oven. She was waiting til I gave her some good news first before telling me! She didn't want to make me feel sad as she knew I was having a hard time. She's so caring that it made me cry (and I was in the car with my fella trying not to cry which made it worse lol). I told her she would've been waiting awhile to tell me if she was waiting for my to get utd though. I told her not to feel like she couldn't share her special moments with me as I'd kick her butt haha. So yep. That's that. What can I do? I just have to move on with my journey and start factoring in another birthday present to my year lol.
I was reading Lindsay's over at Waiting For that Positive latest post just now and admire her for striving on to stay positive so my positive for today is.....it is cold...yeah I know that's not exactly positive but hang on......and I am lucky enough to have wood for the fire and electricity for the heating so that's a real bonus for time of the year!
Sounds like a good time with "I". I'm excited you have a shot this cycle and hope this is it. I agree with GS about the opks
ReplyDeleteLOL Sometimes those little accidents happen! Unfortunately, it like there is no in between. There is "I'm fine" and "I need to go NOOOOOWWW!!"
ReplyDeleteYour friend sound like a keeper too. :-)