I've spent most of this tww tracking the Kiwi's at the commonwealth games. Could be why it has seemed to go rather quickly. Anywho the Kiwi's have done exceptionally well and there has been some outstanding sport to watch.
The past two nights I've stayed up to almost midnight to watch teams play for gold medals. A mean feat when I'm strictly a in bed and asleep by half nine type girl!
First it was to watch a women's hockey game agains our arch nemisis Aussie. The girls played their hearts out and the game came down to penalty strokes and we came out second best. I coudl have cried for them they so deserved it. Then yesterday afternoon was the mens hockey for Bronze against England. Again it came down to penalty strokes but this time it was us to come out on top.
But the game of the 'games' and of all time was the gold medal netball match NZ vs Aussie. Always a match to watch when these teams are playing and whoa is was that for sure!!!
The game ended up going into over time (15 extra minutes) then it was still drawn so went to golden goals which meant a team had to have a two goal lead to win.....this 'extra' extra time went on for 15 more minutes until our shooter managed to sink the winning shot!!!
I'm sure the entire country did a victory dance!! Our country is so proud of these girls...people in the crowd were crying in happiness.
What a great night!!!
And that's about it from me.....probably not so interesting for those who's nation is not part of the commonwealth AND don't follow netball but add it to your 'useless pieces of information I now know' resume lol.
10dpo.....many would have POAS by now. Don't get me wrong I have been tempted but I will not. I'm going to enjoy the weekend in bliss thinking of what could be around the corner.
Happy Day :)
Can't wait to hear come Monday if the weekend indeed brings more happy days. Sending much luck and wishes your way!
ReplyDelete