I'm driving home tonight (30min drive) and I found myself concocting a 'post' in my head. Well actually it was more like several mini posts. I don't 'tweet' but I think twitter would actually be right up my ally if I could be bothered 'belonging' to one more internet craze. So be prepared people this could be a random gaggle of rambling (man I am just in LOVE with the word gaggle right now lol!!)
Tonight I'm feeding the masses....well make that four massive boys or men as some may refer to them lol. Last I heard it wasn't set in concrete but my fella mentioned that the 'boys' with whom he's working today might stay tonight. The boys being his step-brother, brother and guy who's practically a brother. All farmy types and all have appetites of elephants. Some might be daunted but not this woman! No siree I LOVE to cook for these boys. Farmy types are the best to cook for because they aren't fussy, they'll end anything, they'll anything basic, their idea of fancy food is steak and mushrooms and they appreciate being cooked for! If I had my way I would have a whole heap...ok lets call it a gaggle...of kids so I could be that kind of mum that cooked them delicious food that only mums could make lol. But in saying that if I had a gaggle of kids I'd most likely have to work all hours to actually buy the food to feed them all and wouldn't actually be able to cook from being exhausted from working all day...bit of a catch 22 there!
Anyway I digressed. So they 'could' be coming home so I've made a big dinner so freaking hope they do haha. It doesn't matter too much I've covered my bases with food we can eat tomorrow too.
Right next ramble..tonight on my drive I remembered a time where I had 4 pen pals. 2 in nz, one in the states and one in denmark. I loved writing to my penpals. We all lost touch when we became teenagers but I marvelled at how I wrote to who were complete strangers. I can't even remember what I used to tell them. But then I started keeping a journal...I wrote in my journals in my later years of school, then uni and pretty much up until I moved in with my fella. I guess then I didn't have anything seriously mind boggling to write about haha. Then of course now I blog about my mind boggling stuff. This time round a journal just didn't seem to fit my needs. And I actually rather enjoy the fact someone in some far away place may be reading this and can comment.
Then on my drive my mind wandered to the kind of post or announcement you might call it when I finally get that BFP! Talk about dreaming on the drive lol! I just love reading BFP posts on people's blogs. Sometimes I even get a little teary eyed I'm so happy for them. I didn't really nail one down but I'd imagine since this would be one of the only places I would probably say anything at first that there'd be lots of OMG's and gushing rubbish. Don't say I didn't warn you!
Righto my rambling might be over now...oh no wait there was one more thing...I keep reading about this international comment week thingy. I hate to admit it but it took me a while to figure out what ICLW was...yep I know doh! But anywho I'm not really sure what the deal with that is or anything..but anywho what I thought was that if you're stopping by and you took the time to read this ramble (good job btw!) and then would like to leave a comment by all means go ahead but what I would love to know is what part of the world you're from. I dunno blame the old pen pal girl in me but I'm curious lol.
And what would you know as I'm finishing this my fella has arrive home without the 'boys'...dinner anyone?
Ok, time to fill in the blanks with ICLW. ICLW is International Comment Leaving Week. Except that is happens every month. Setup by someone in the realms of IF, it is a method for creating networks, finding more people like yourself and increasing your follower base.
ReplyDeleteBasically, you sign up for the month by providing your blog details and it goes an enormous list. Then every day during the prescribed week you are obliged to comment on five blogs and reply to someone who has commented on your blog. You are of course welcome to comment on more.
Oh and part of the deal is you have to put the code to their little banner thing somewhere on your blog for the month.
You can read more about it here: http://www.stirrup-queens.com/2010/09/icomleavwe-october-2010/
Something to consider for November?
I always had a problem signing up because of work and now I've got a point where I am happy with who I follow so I don't tend to venture out very often and then only follow if I find myself drawn back a few times... like you! ;-)
Oh my goodness and how many times did I make my BFP announcement or compose the email to my doc in my head before it actually happened. Of course, it didn't pan out the way I planned either! Like most things...
Oh right..thanks GS for filling me in there. Um I guess I'm a bit like you with the work thingy so think I'll stick to what I'm doing now. Now one more question (might pop this in my next post too)you're following me but I can't seem to work out how to follow you...I normally just check you out through other blogs lol!
ReplyDeleteOoooh.. that's easy. There are two ways of doing that. If you go to my blog and then scroll down on the left hand side, underneath the list of blogs that I follow there is a panel called "followers" and just below the heading and above all the people's faces there is a button with a google symbol on it called "follow". Click that and follow the instructions basically.
ReplyDeleteThe other option is to log in to blogger and go to your dashboard. Undearneath the blog panel will be another called "Reading List" and that is all the blogs you follow. On the side that says "blogs", below that are two buttons. "add" and "manage". You want to click "add". It will bring up another box asking you for the url of the blog you wish to follow. If you whack in http://ourkidlets.blogspot.com or any other blog address, it will add it to your followed list. :-) This method is particularly useful when the person you want to follow doesn't have a follow button on their blog.