Well my friends today is a beautiful day! And one I am using to its potential as Autumn is definately fast approaching and Winter is coming a close second. I've been thrashing around in the garden but need rain to loosen the dirt a bit cos its pretty hard right now.
Yesterday I was a bit lethargic to day the least and thought I was getting ill for sure but today I feel wonderful. Most likely that vit c I've been taken in huge amounts to not get sick.
Been having little freak outs though which sucks. This cycle is the first one where I will be using the cream etc properly and at the right time. I'm actually rather wound up about it because I'm so freaked that it will not work and I'm not sure how I can cope with yet another cycle down. I know I've said that kind of thing in the past and I always get over it. I'll get over this freak out too but April makes it about 18mths of ttc. Next week I turn 28. I never thought I'd be childless by now. I didn't want to face another birthday without some sort of change in this situation and now I am.
I feel like I am powerless sometimes and feel like no matter what I do its not going to work.
Its a feeling that sucks butt.
I'm planning a trip to the city next weekend to do some shopping. I'm in desperate need of new underwear so am going to splash out on that then I need new netball shoes plus clothes in general. It can be my birthday treat. Especially since its probably the only treat I'll get lol.
I should ov over that time too yay.
Anywho I should get back to the sun and mow the lawns and be generally domesticated.
xx
Mmmmmk. Going to insert the voice of reason here which may or may not be what you want to hear so feel free to take or discard as you wish.
ReplyDeleteFirst and foremost, unless I've missed something (which is quite possible given my brain power ATM), neither yourself or boy have been fully medically investigated yet. If for example you've got two blocked tubes or he has got not sperm, all the supplemented progesterone in the world is not going to get you pregnant. You are riding solely on the diagnosis of a naturopath who is taking one interpretation of the absence or presence of free progesterone. Hence, there is a possibility that you're setting yourself up for disappointment by pinning everything on this course of treatment.
Now assuming there is nothing deeper and this is your cure then you probably need to consider yourself as if you are starting at square one with the super fertile world. Super fertile though, doesn't necessarily mean one hit wonder. The fertility scarred tend to remember all the one hit wonders because they hurt the most but realistically it isn't uncommon for it to take 3-6 months anyway hence the reason that is about how many cycles of Clomid a couple will have before being moved on to something else.
I am not saying it won't happen first go. What I am saying is that you really need to keep an open mind to the facts of what you don't yet know about both of your bodies and what is also statistically realistic. That won't take away the disappointment if it doesn't work (that part is a given and it just does not get any easier) but perhaps prevent an epic break down IYKIM.
Good luck!!
Xxxx
First, had to mention that it made me chuckle to think of april = fall. I know, I know, the earth is round, there are different time zones and hemispheres but for all my travel I've never been to the southern hemisphere and so to me april = spring. How do you guys celebrate Christmas? I can't imagine it being summer for that holiday lol.
ReplyDeleteOk, so now on to your real subject. I know only too well how frustrating it is to look at all the time that has been spent on such an important thing without having something tangible in your hands to show for it. I always tried to tell myself when we would try something new that in a way it is a "fresh start" or a "fresh try" and deserves 3-6 months to see if it will work, my mantra being "Even when all the timing and conditions are perfect there is only a 25% chance of conception so I have to give it a couple times to know if it will work." So I know how hard it is, but try not to think of the entire 18 months. Try to think that this is only month #2 of progesterone cream.
I don't know if that helps and I totally understand if you want to smack me or something. I'm just trying to share what helped me keep my sanity.