Woke up at 1am with the most amazing cramps I've ever had. They lasted about 5mins thank god cos if it were any longer I was considering pain relief and I never do that!
So the cramps go and I've barely had any since BUT AF arrived this morning. GAY!
I wasn't surprised but I was if you get my drift. I've been waiting for the anger surge but it hasn't come. There's no pimples nothing but AF and a few mild cramps. I know I keep bestowing the wonderment that is progesterone but quite frankly I had to see it to believe it. So I will be carefully tracking my cycles now as I could see AF just sneaking up and arriving without me being prepared from now on.
Now we move onto yet another cycle. I've actually lost count to be honest. I just know that about April it'll be 18mths. I'm 'this' close to going public on facebook and letting everyone know that getting pregnant isn't easy for me. The only thing stopping me is some of the friends I have are nieces and nephews and ex-students who are still young and they don't need to know my business so I'll just leave it for now and keep working on my standard response to 'that' question.
Last night we had a big of an issue with one of the dogs. At about half past 2 am there was this almighty bang and crash then banging that went on for a bit longer. I freaked out thinking that someone was trying to get in so woke the bloke up who replied it was the dog (we're currently looking after other dogs and ran out of kennel space so Dutch got to sleep outside). The noise carried on so I wasn't convinced and got up to check. Sure enough things weren't right and there was Dutch on the ground thrashing around (like she was on her last legs) and panting like a mo-fo so I yelled at the bloke about the dog having some kind of fit. That got him out of bed! I was too chicken to go outside so he went out and tried to get her attention but she just lay there panting. We decided to give her a drink thinking that maybe she eaten something bad (actually I didn't really know what the heck to think) and the whole time the bloke is going on about wishing he had a gun cos she was on her way out blah blah (not having a gun is a whole other story which I will share one day) and I was thinking we were going to ring a neighbour for one.
Just an aside - please realise that we are farmers and although I don't agree with that particular method of putting animals down its just a fact of life around these parts unfortunately. I have live on a farm since I was born and even from a young age couldn't watch animals being killed its just when you live miles from a vet and an animal is in pain its just what has to be done.
Anyway the story continues....we get her some water then I leave because I can't watch her this way. I'm just about to get back into bed when I hear that she's up and running around! Like nothing had ever happened. I kid you not. The dog just got up and walked off! Perplexing to say the least.
So it looks like we've got an epileptic dog. Go figure. Who knows how long this has been happening as she is normally kennelled at night. We 'guess' it only happens at night as we've NEVER seen it happen before. And it totally explains her personality - good for not much but petting.
Weird I tell ya and not something I wish to see again any time soon.
Sorry about AF :(
ReplyDeleteI've known some epileptic dogs although never owned one myself. (Although my hubby had 2 seizures the year after we were married so I've done all the testing/meds with people) It is really scary when they seize. I'm glad that she ended up ok though.
(And I understand on the farming POV. I didn't grow up on a farm but Scott did. It's not the ideal but it's definitely better then letting an animal suffer. I hope though that you wont need to do that anytime soon.)
Stupid AF
ReplyDelete