Sunday, 26 February 2012

Plan of Attack

So its 13dpo in the afternoon and the brownish spotting has well and truly started. It actually started a wee bit on Friday but then just came on and off. One may try and kid herself into believe that this is just implantation or something dumb but its not. I know the pattern.

I'm not sad. I knew our chances were slim to none. That's ok. What I'm focussing on now is that plan of attack. Now that this weekend is over I can start planning the next move.
Next weekend is out. We can't get to the lab on Friday because both of us are committed for the whole weekend. The following weekend is out too - I'm tied up with an overnight camp with the kids and can't really leave at lunch time on Friday. So this takes us to the following weekend. I'm going to propose or rather tell him that we're either going down Friday after lunch or I take the day off and we go Thursday night and stay down there to do this thing. I know I won't receive too much resistance because he knows it has to be done. It will be his choice of how we go about this but we're going.

That said I'm sure he's now thinking that because we have a cat we don't need a child. Men are nuts in their thinking sometimes. He's also probably thinking I don't need that new car I want either. I have news for him.

Anywho. That's plan of attack on the man.

Then there's plan of attack on the garden. Today I lifted the onions that were ready and hung them up. I weeded then admired the millions of tomatoes on my plants and crossed my fingers they ripen. Then I thought to myself what the heck will I do with all those tomatoes lol. Which got me reading my gardening mags and of course then I started dreaming.....haha. Am thinking of trimming down one of the hedges which has overgrown and then turning the lawn next to it into a mini orchard and planting some apricots and nectarines on there. Its the perfect space for it. Then there's this other garden I want to create too. After this garden there won't be anywhere else to make really...I've gone a bit nuts in the gardening dept round here.

Anywho enough dribble and speaking of gardens...must get back to the mulch :)

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh men! When I started to get AF on Friday my I 'joked' to my better half that I was going to get a puppy, and he agreed … if only it was that simple! Yes, while it is nice to think that maybe it is implantation we know our bodies best (wouldn't it be awesome to be proven wrong though!). You've done well with the garden. Mine is in dire need of weeding and watering. Might get around to it tomorrow … lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The magical cycle for us pretty well played out no differently to any of the previous ones with one minute exception which was so tiny and vague and given the Clomid was hardly going to be a reliable indicator of anything. So, I guess I don't fully believe anymore about knowing body best. I've since had a cycle with said vague symptom...and we weren't pregnant. The reality is that HCG levels at that time are so low that often things don't appear any different until after AF is due when the numbers are doubling like crazy. :-) Yah know. Devil's advocate here with a bit of personal experience.

    Anyhow, will be good to get him tested and squared away. If he's fine then the ball should start to roll a bit quicker. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. I totally forgot to mention the storm in my post! Hahaha. We weren't too badly off. Power was off until 9am, so we got to milk a wee bit late, but at least we got to milk. Neighbours power was still off today so they used our shed to milk this morning.

    ReplyDelete