Tuesday, 7 February 2012

enquiry

At work today I got talking to the workmate who had her IVF baby last June. More specifically we talked about to get this man of mine to the lab and tested without any more delay nor fuss.

We were discussing the fact that the hospital hasn't got anywhere to perform this test for out of towners. Well at least I don't think they do and have thought about complaining, however decided I'd better find out for sure. So I wrote a letter. Well why not? Perhaps no one's ever brought it to their attention. Perhaps they don't give a rats about people having sperm tests because we all know infertility isn't a disease an all (tongue in cheek you realise). Either way I thought I'd ask. So I sent them this email.

Hi there,

My partner and I currently live in *town name* and are experiencing difficulty becoming pregnant. Our GP has ordered a sperm test for my partner however he is yet to complete this due to our distance from the lab and the time in which the sample needs to be at the lab for processing. As you can imagine providing a sample of this nature is a delicate issue at the best of times and is made particularly more difficult when you live more than 30mins from the hospital and faced with the option of the carpark or public toilets. My query is whether or not the hospital has a room/area, aside from public toilets, that people in a similar situation to ourselves are able to use?

Naturally if not then we will make suitable arrangements but I am curious to know.

Thank you in advance for your help



I'm very interested as to what their response might be. I figure they'll say sorry no they don't provide space for this but who knows maybe they'll make an exception. You don't know until you ask do you!
If I get a negative response then I might send a letter of suggestion to them. I mean its a bit of a joke really because if you need blood taken you can go to the hospital and they'll do it for you. If you needed a saliva swab they'd do it but a sperm test? No help and its not like we're asking them to come into the room and actually perform the test are we.

Meh this just another moment I wish I could just wave my magic wand and get what I want just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment