Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Head Above Water

In life you can choose to sink or swim.

You sink and you're letting negativity rule your life. You sink and you let all the bad thoughts, feelings, emotions take over and stop you enjoying the things you love. You swim and you're living the glass half full type of life. You take the good with the bad. Find the sunny side up of the situation you're in.

This week I've been on the water line. Monday was not a good day. The cousin's announcement threw me and I started to sink. I kicked like crazy and managed to get myself back above water. Just. Then I went to netball. I was on fire with my game. I got an amazing intercept then POW! landed wrong on my let and collapsed on the floor. I injured my knee. Gutting. Its the kind of injury that has potential to sink me.

I'm not letting it.

I've torn some cartilidge and injured ligaments around the knee. Today I'm walking better than yesterday. The doctor has said no contact sport for 4-6wks AT LEAST. We have 2 wks of netball left. My season is done. I hate getting injured and to injure a knee in netball is not good. You kinda need your knees.

I will NOT sink.

I could let this completely rule my life. I am determined to recover from this. I will get physio. I am taking the anti-flam drugs even though I HATE to put shit like that into my body. I even POAS last night just to be sure I wasn't UTD. I'm will take the drugs for a couple days max. Hump week is fast approaching I'm at CD9 today and will start the opk's. The Fella was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get jiggy. Proved him wrong. Where there's a will there's a way...or like my friend on the forum said...Where there's a willy theres a way lol.

The optimism of hump week has arrived. Along with it the hope. Today I get my pre-ov oestrogen test again then in a couple weeks my progesterone testing. I am looking forward to the testing.

I'm in charge of my life. I choose whether I let myself sink or let myself swim.

This journey will not beat me!

2 comments:

  1. Try not to worry too much about the anti-inflammatory drugs. Taking them for a week or two, to limit long term damage and the kind of drugs you may have to take later in life to treat the pain, it's worth it.

    It's true, we make choices about our mental state. Glad to see your fighting back, Go Positivity! And I hope you find Hump Week more and more optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude to have. I know there were plenty of times where I let myself sink and it was so hard to pull myself back up..but I did.

    I'm sorry about your knee. I hope it heals quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete