Friday, 26 August 2011

The "Mini Post" Post

I figure I have so many different things swirling round in my head that I want to get out but aren't long enough for one post that I'd do "Mini Posts" within one post.

And here they are.....

Even the dog can get pregnant before me:
Yes that's right. Our bitch is on heat. We're looking after 3 dogs for the FIL. Up until last night we'd managed to keep them apart. Then one escaped his kennel and whoa nelly the fella caught them in the throes of passion. So now almost without a doubt we are expecting puppies. Even the bloody dog can get pregnant. sigh its been one of those weeks.


Someone has invaded my mans body:
This morning. 5.30am. Random ttc discussion under way due to him wanting sex and me not being able to provide thanks to our mate AF. He brought up adoption. And even after I explained it'd probably take us 2 more years to be approved let alone get a baby and that less than 100 people adopt babies out each year he still seemed interested. EVEN when I told him he'd have to take an active role in the applying part he still seemed interested. So apparently I'm to start that ball rolling.
Just like that. We're apparently adopting a child. I think I let that lie a couple days and ask him again. Its not a new idea to us we've always talked about that option. I did tell him I didn't want to give up ttc so suggested we do both.
But wait there's more reasons my man's been invaded. When talking about what kind of baby he said "I want a boy". Like he really meant he actually wants a boy. I pointed out that secretly I think he wants a girl cos all he does is tell me girls names lol.
THEN while discussing why we're not pregnant he said he thinks there's something really wrong and maybe he should do the cup thing. I told him that he'll be getting a blood test from Felicity at my next appt and he seemed ok with that.
My man has been invaded.

I know I talk about it a lot but I still can't believe he's saying stuff like this now. At the very beginning he was terrified I would come home and tell him I pregnant. He'd freak out. He'd almost dance with joy when I got my period. Seriously. The guy did not want a child.
Looks like he's making a shift. Maybe turning 40 next year has propelled him into some sort of "I need to breed" crisis.

Whatever the reason I'm not complaining!


3 comments:

  1. Ummm ok at this stage going from where you are in the TTC intervention road to adoption would be like taking a baby who can crawl an throwing it out of an airplane for a sky diving trip. Ie skip walking and running and you know all those other bits in between. He needs to get his swimmers tested - in a lab for the genetic side etc. You need to get your passages checked and your ovaries looked at for cysts. (Don't think because you have a regular cycle you can't have PCOS - summastarlet-). You both need bloods done for more than just the basic hormones. Sometimes something as simple as Clomid can make the world of difference or iUI etc. Over here you can't look at this stuff while adopting because they require something like a year or two were no fertility intervention has been had. If he is being keen it may be worth going the whole way. There is certain stuff that no amount of screwing around with your hormones is gonna fix. Just saying! Apologies if I'm on Being Blunt Avenue today. I'm sick and was up to a small creature 13 times last night. It tends to inhibit my ability for creative communication. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol all good GS - someone's gotta tell it like it is. I know you're right about the testing thing. To be honest I don't know the first thing about the process of adoption just that it can a long time to get sorted. As you can imagine I would much prefer to continue the ttc avenue where ever that takes us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men are funny creatures when it comes to TTC. They come out with some interesting statements/ideas at the strangest of times. Your man being ok with having his swimmers tested is a good start! Hard to get them to do it against their will! LOL

    I agree with GS. Perhaps getting the ball rolling with testing and such things would be the next logical place to start!

    ReplyDelete