Wednesday, 27 July 2011

The Hormone Update

Like I said I was going to I rang my natural hormone lady (I think we best start calling her by her name...Felicity...lovely name, infact if I ever get UTD and its a girl I might even give that name a whorl) right on 9am. Luckily they still had an appointment free for this morning so I locked it in and carried on with work as I was at school. The time came and went and no phone call. 15 minutes later I get a call to say that she was running late and would I be available in the afternoon. Of course I agreed after all I am on holiday right now so luckily have flexibility. I finished off the school stuff then came home and waited for my call.
This time it came right on the mark.

So back on CD11 I had a BT to check pre-ovulation oestrogen levels. Apparently pre-ov oestrogen levels are important in good strong ovulation just like progesterone levels are paramount to healthy pregnancy. Anywho normal is...140-2365 (in whatever the measurement is...) mine was 711. Not bad, not terrible but on the low side. Felicity decided that it needs a boost because healthy oestrogen levels means healthy ovulation. Kinda bizarre given that my problem was oestrogen dominance to begin with. To fix this issue I have been prescribed more cream. This time I use the cream CD1-16 and should only have to use it for a few months. I'll be retested in September when I have my next round of testing...if there is no BFP before hehe.

This could be the missing link in the chain. It could be what I need now that my progesterone levels are sorted out. Again its great to feel like I'm doing something towards the goal. It has again given me renewed energy.

Although I use that word energy lightly. I am shattered again today. Ya know that kind where my eyes just feel so heavy. I thought it was due to wearing my contacts again after not for a few days but I've taken them out and I still have weary eyes. And this morning, my gosh, I felt like I'd had a night on the turps. My head felt all foggy and heavy, my stomach felt acidic and I generally felt blurk! I felt like it yesterday morning too but I had actually had some drinks the night before so wasn't surprised there lol.

Meh! Who knows? I could pee on the stick and something would show today I reckon if there was anything to show but I won't.

It won't kill me to wait a couple more days....will it?

No comments:

Post a Comment