Monday, 25 July 2011

10cm and counting people!!

Ok so for those of us who live in the northern hemisphere in places that get snow every single year and the like bear with me.

Today we awoke to snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10cm and still snowing.

.....................................................................................

So I started this post this morning at like 6am after getting up at 5 because the Fella was meant to be going to work and I could just tell from the silence outside and the occasional 'thump' that it had dumped outside. Sure it enough as you can tell from the above it had.

Anywho I was excited about playing in the snow but very wary of the power going off as it always does when it snows (can you tell we're not well equipped for serious snow like our northern hemisphere counterparts?). I was mid post when I realised that perhaps having a shower while the power was still going strong was a good idea. You see when the power goes off our water pump doesn't work and we have zip water. Its a pain in the ass but at least we have a hose outside to use.

Off I leapt to the shower, not knowing when I'd get my next one if the power went off. I'd literally just dried off and was in my room making the bed, not even dressed yet and the power went off. Blah!

It was still dark at this point so I stumbled around for the torch and got dressed in the dark in front of the fire.

Evidently the Fella's work was delayed a couple hours so we spent that time in front of the fire doing....zip..lol.
After he went to work I borrowed his workmates truck and went up to my friends place to hang with her and the kids. We spent about an hour and half playing in the snow. It was AWESOME!!!

Then the power came back on in the early afternoon so we popped open some cider (homemade...uh oh).

What a great day.






















No comments:

Post a Comment