Tuesday, 22 February 2011

I Know Where I Stand...finally

First and foremost I must get this first bit off my chest. Today around 1pm the city of Christchurch was hit yet again by a massive earthquake. This time people died. The city was just recovering from the Boxing Day aftershock which followed the September earthquake. This is classed as another aftershock.
The place is in ruins. People are crying, sobbin, howling. NZ history is going down in ruins left right and centre. NZ history is being made as we speak. I am crying watching the news. I live miles away but it might as well be on my back door.
My fella's niece was driving back to university - thankfully she won't be there yet.
In two days time we are supposed to be flying to Christchurch then driving on to my cousins wedding. We could have been there. I'm not going to 'go there' with could haves.
OMG - is the world coming to an end slowly but surely?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You realise I just needed to get that out before I move onto the good things that have happened today.

I had my naturopath appointment and can I just say the lady is amazing. I feel like the sun has risen again and that there is light at the end of this journey.

We spoke for an hour so I'll try to put into concise words and not ramble.
1) My progesterone level via saliva test - 2.3 a normal cycle should be between 5.5-10 and higher in pregnancy. I mentioned the high bloods and she said that was good for bloods.

2) That level of progesterone is not enough to sustain pregnancy. It doesn't rise enough if at all during the LP which means I have become oestrogen dominant.

3) That dominance causes amongst other things - PMS and the CN3 HPV smear I had a couple years back.

4) It explains why I feel like I do. Its a reason.

I can't explain the immense relief I feel from this appointment. Its a problem and its fixable, reasonably easily and relatively quickly.
I realise it may not be the miracle fix it. I am aware that yes hubs has not been tested and we could still hit problems. I still aim to have him tested.
Yes I am hopeful. I am hopeful because I have a reason as to why for the past 16mths I just haven't ended up pregnant like some others have. I have something to work with.

The Plan -
Stop EPO - its not what I need right now.
Start - Omega 3's, folic acid, a plant extract, iodine drops. CD18 progesterone cream twice daily until period arrives. If it doesn't arrive (heres hoping) then confirm pregnancy and contact her for the next instructions. She continues 'treatment' right through until post pregnancy. She said once pregnant I continue progesterone until 36wks then start EPO to ripen the cervix. Once baby is born I do a saliva test and continue progesterone.

No promises were made but she has had patients who have tried and failed at IVF only to concieve within the first cycle of working with her. Now I am under no illusion. I am really sure I'm not that lucky but she seemed to think that it will happen sooner rather than later.

Stink thing? - I will ovulate this weekend. I am away this weekend. I know I've mentioned it in the recent posts but I am again to keep everyone up to speed. So we'll use this month as a tester and see what happens with using the cream.

Oh I forgot to mention that the fella gets some vits to take too...good for bone, joint and muscle health which he needs aaaaannnd for healthy sperm! We all win lol.

Life is good right now.

2 comments:

  1. First - I'm very glad to hear you're alive and well!
    And I'm glad you're having a good day despite the bad stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were the first person I thought of when I saw all that on the news. I am so glad to hear you and your family are ok. My heart goes out to those dealing with the worst.

    On the lighter note, its great to have some anwsers. It really is just so freeing! Hope the new plan gets you knocked up right away and have you feeling a lot better!

    ReplyDelete