Thursday, 3 February 2011

A bit more about me...

Urgh life is busy. So busy I can't be bothered writing about it so after reading Lindsay's comment (Waiting for that Positive) and her question about my dogs I thought perhaps I would share just a little bit more about myself.

Dogs - we have four dogs. 1 big fat fox terrier who at the moment is our big baby and I swear the man loves him more than me! They are the best of mates and seeing them together is what makes me 'know' that my fella will be a wonderful father. Then we have 3 huntaway girls. For those who don't know huntaway is a breed of farming dog. They are Jill, Beau and Dutch. They are more like pets and are very affectionate and loving. Dutch is a giant and has some hound like tendancies which unfortunately means she's not so keen on working for her dinner like she's supposed to. The fella's dad keeps threatening to have her put down...I'm the sole reason that dog still roams our place haha.

Our 5 acres - I call it our slice of heaven. I've put on pics of the view from our house...well that's just in one direction the view the other way is just as impressive. At the moment we have several sheep who lamb every July/August. We also have cows. One is named Lily and is super friendly if you have food lol. We do not however have pigs. No pigs allowed until the fences are fixed enough to stop them getting into my garden! I have enough trouble keeping the lambs out in the spring. And we don't have chickens for that same reason and besides we know enough people with chickens who give us enough eggs to feed an army.

My Garden - A work in progress. A constant work in progress. There are roses, flowers and vegetables oh yeah and weeds. My life is such that no sooner do I catch up on the weeds that I have start over again because I would have 2 or 3 weekends busy doing other things.

My home, my life in a nutshell. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Its the perfect place to raise a family.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I was looking for a way to contact you via email but couldn't find it anywhere on your blog (which I read through and loved, btw) :-)
    Someone has requested to be your chocolate buddy! Head on over to mommyodyssey.wordpress.com/chocobuddy to sign up if you're interested!
    I swear this is not spam! Just spreading the love :-)

    ReplyDelete