Monday, 21 February 2011

I survived!

Well I may still be walking like a retard 2 days after but I survived the round the lake relay. Our team of 10 nailed 155km running around the largest lake in NZ in 14hrs21mins.

I had to run a leg of 8km then was supposed to do a 4.7km leg straight after however unfortunately due to many reasons eg fitness, blister, extreme heat I only managed the 8km section and handed over to someone else for the next leg. Not to worry I am tremendously proud of myself and ran a good section of it. It was so darn hot no amount of spraying with water would cool me down.
So yep - conquered the lake despite my distinct dislike for running. I might even be convinced to try it again next year. Although hopefully I'll be a mum by then!!

Things otherwise have been pretty normal. I've been having real moments of 'getting my hate on' with the whole ttc thing and how shit it is right now, sometimes I catch myself about to freak out about never getting to be a mother and this never ending. I keep most it to myself though because talking ain't gonna change things and until all the testing is done I'm keeping quiet.
I might have mentioned that I'm going away this weekend from Thursday till Monday for a wedding without the fella. I may have also mentioned the impending ovulation that's coming up most likely around then.

I don't think I'm dealing with the fact I'm likely out this cycle too well hence what I mentioned above. I can't stand to think about the future eg 6mths 12mths time because I hate thinking that nothing will be different apart from I will be a year older.

I'm hoping like mad I ovulate earlier but I'm doubting it since I leave on CD12. My other option is if I ovulate later than last month because then we'll be ok. Fingers crossed for that scenario.

Onto something more positive however tomorrow is my long awaited naturopath appointment. Time seems to have flown by to get to now. I am so intrigued with what she has to say.
So I'll leave it at that for now and update tomorrow after I hear what she has to say...

2 comments:

  1. Well done you!!! What a great sense of achievement you must have felt!
    I am hoping you are not in Christchurch and that none of your family or friends have been effected by the recent devastation over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully for us we're not in Christchurch. Unsure how the people I know are, down there...its a wait and see game.

    ReplyDelete