Monday, 2 April 2012

CD9

I feel like rubbish warmed up to put it lightly. Tired. Headache. Generally just blah. Who knows why I don't really care why I just am.

Thankfully there is 3 days left of work before the end of term and 2wks respite.

And I had something really good to blog about (lol yeah right) but it slipped my mind.....wait it's back.

CD9 today which means CD14 and my normal Ov day is Saturday. This weekend being Easter I'm supposed to be (and will be) going away for a friends birthday on Sunday. I had planned to go Friday for another friends birthday then stay on until Monday. The plan with this was to make sure got action on Friday morning to cover my bases as much as possible. Not going away isn't an option unfortunately...I'm hardly going to say "Sorry folks, can't make the party got some important sex happening over those days and I don't want to miss it". Not really the thing to do even more so when you've been trying as long as us because as if this weekend is going to make ANY difference.
Anywho the party on Friday is now not on until a later date. Great you may think however now I feel a bit torn. Do I still stick to my original plan go Friday and spend another night catching up on some well needed girlfriend time? Or do I stay home Friday night get action closer to ov then head over early Saturday for that night and Sunday night?

And ALL this pins on ovulation being Saturday!! ARGH!!!! We've really missed the last two cycles with timing so I don't want to miss third. However the day before is better than nothing but I'm screwed (or not if we think literally) if I don't ov on Saturday but on Sunday (CD15 like last cycle) aren't I. Eek what to do!

I told my bestie I'd let her know later in the week what I would do. If I told her the truth she'd giggle but understand.

Moving on. Would also like some help on another issue. Weight. Its crept up a tiny bit. I know why - basically lack of exercise to match input. I guess my frame of mind has not been the best so I've reached for bad food, alcohol and lemonade to make me feel better. I've been tired and busy so haven't made good choices. I've challenged myself to go a full week without fizzy drink. I don't drink it daily but will have a can after mowing the lawns or on a Friday night. Its not much but full of sugar and added to other bad things in my diet doesn't help. I find if I don't eat enough I get headachy and ridiculously hungry so its finding the balance. Anywho long story short I'm up for suggestions of easy and healthy snack food that people have. I'm normally ok with what I eat (on work days) until end of work as I have a packed lunch its when I get home from work before dinner and I'm starving or worse when I have to hang out for netball training and need to eat. I tend to have porridge for breakfast but then will eat my sandwich at morning tea plus a muesli bar as I'm normally quite hungry. Lunch is then a yoghurt and fruit. You see where I'm going....by the time I get home I am famished probably because I'm eating all up the whack.

Anyway any advice will be accepted gratefully.

1 comment:

  1. How much difference is Friday night going to make to girl time given that you'll head off Saturday? If it's going to be a huge deal then go Friday cause if there is one thing I have learned, it is that living life while all this is going on is important otherwise you'll look back and wonder what the hell happened to the years gone by... If it's not a big deal then go Saturday instead.

    As for the food question. Why aren't you packing extra for morning tea? That seems to be where the chain comes undone. We do best with bigger meals at the start and middle of the day, going lighter towards the end of the day. :-) As for snacks, tins of tuna or salmon are gold. They are small but are packed full of protein and good fats which mean you will feel full for a looong time. I also keep packets of thin rice and corn cakes. They are literally 22 calories a pop. Means if you go to town on them your total consumption is minimal. Find they work well with the tins of tuna too.

    ReplyDelete