You just have nothing much to say. Nor the time to say anything if you did.
That's been my week.
What's there to say about being still in limboland? Not a whole lot. What's there to say about watching everyone you know show off their new babies or pregnant bellies? Yeah its easier not to speak.
What I do have to talk about is my latest FB addition to the friends list. Hmm yeah kinda wishing I didn't have to go there. It was one of those ones where you kinda feel obliged to add them. Shes the wife of one of the Fella's clients. Evidently through working for them he's become friendly with them. We went away for a weekend together last year a couple times and will again in May. And that's fine. I'm not buddy buddy with her but we will sit down and have a conversation - well she talks I listen, nod and generally make the right noises because I can't get a word in edgewise half the time.
Anyway we were there last night for fish and chips for dinner. The boys went off to the pub and get the food and left us behind. Well they couldn't have got back soon enough! Background story - they have 2 young boys and another on the way. Can you guess what the conversation revolved around? Complaints about kids, being pregnant and her husband. Everything was a drama when it comes to them. OMG. I felt like saying "Lady I would kill to have your life!". Anyway what I actually did was smile, nodded with empathy and behaved generally polite. Small doses...small doses...
So that's ok we leave and come home. Then this morning I jump on the lappy (in bed where I still am lol) and onto FB to find a friend request from her. What could I do? I can't really decline can I? So I added her. I actually didn't really think about it just did it. Naturally I open her page to see (be nosey) and holy mother on earth I really wish I didn't. Status updates. Daily. Key themes = kids, pregnancy and complaints complaints complaints. WTF? Seriously its a bit OTT.
Let me be clear I don't begrudge people who update daily. And its only natural that people with children or who are pregnant will update about what's happening in their lives. I know when I got the cat all I wanted to do was post funny lil excerpts about his latest crazy shit but evidently I sat back and thought...do people really want to see another cat update? Probably not. But in saying that FB is also a person's personal thing and how they use it is up to them and should not be judged by their peers.
Moving right along what I was trying to say was that for me, personally, adding this chick with her constant status updates related to children and babies probably wasn't such a good idea. I'm seriously going to have to consider the unsubsribe button at some point I believe. I've become a master at hiding pregnant people that I really shouldn't have on my FB because a) I never speak to them in real life and b) I know they're just boosting their friends and being nosey.
So yeah that's today. Only 4 more days of work before 2wks break. I'm due to ov right on Easter which as it always happens coincides with a trip away for a friends birthday. Fingers crossed I ov bang on CD14 (or 13 if I'm lucky) then I should be ok. And why am I even bothering worrying? Well I have to be doing something or I'll go nuts. No doubt when I get to this party there will be pregnant someones to deal with or someone will announce they're pregnant or engaged or what have you. Its just unavoidable these days.
Just on the ttc thing - supposed to be doing retesting for the natural fertility thing but I made an executive decision that I would not this cycle. I ran out of cream so are still getting that sorted and last time I talked to her she told me there was no reason why I shouldn't be pregnant by the next time I spoke to her. Hmmm am I pregnant yet? Ah no lady I am not so clearly there is something else wrong aside from mixed up hormones. The thing is I would just throw it all in but I know its made a difference to me and I'm too scared to chuck it in just in case there is a miracle or something. I figure that aside from the fact its costing money here and there it can't do me too much harm for now. So I'll keep it up until such a time as we get another plan of attack going.
Hopefully these holidays will see that happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment