Well you'd think that turning 29 would have me in puddle of tears. I certainly wasn't looking forward to this birthday that's for sure. Certain numbers just freak the shit out of me. 29 was one of them. Especially with my empty nest thing going on right now. Especially since I wanted a baby by 30 if not two.
Apparently I mentally prepared enough cos I'm ok. I actually woke up in the night and thought to myself 'hey its my birthday - happy birthday me!' and I was EXCITED. I haven't been excited about a birthday for AGES. I'm normally the crazy excited birthday person but the last few years have been not so excited much.
I've adopted this attitude that I need to farewell my twenties in style. This is the year to do it. To stop thinking about next year and live this one. Like actually LIVE it. Ok its not going to be the easiest at times and I know that but power of the positive mind!
The sun is shining, I'm pottering around the house and should be mowing those darn lawns. My friend told me to curl up under a tree and read a book instead of pottering and the like but I can't relax when its like it is out side and there's stuff to be done. Tomorrow I will take a chill pill for sure.
Tonight said friend and some others are coming for a bbq. It will be the last of year given that autumn is truly upon us and we switch the clock back next week or the one after. I have wine chilling in the fridge. I'm looking forward to kicking back and just hanging with my mates.
You wouldn't even know I started spotting today by my mood would you? A little early cos I ran out of progesterone cream I assume. Only thing is the dang cramps are annoying.
K will love and leave you now - best go get this place shippity shape for the visitors later :)
Happy 29th Birthday!!! Hope you have a great BBQ and yay for being excited!
ReplyDeleteUuuughhh! I'm dying of man flu. lmao. No. Just have a cold and consumed codeine enough to slow brain into stupor. Just want to wish you a happy birthday and say something awesome but stupor argues with awesome. Love you. xxx
ReplyDelete