Saturday, 17 March 2012

Thank You!

Thank you so much for the totally supportive comments on my last post. Great to hear advice from everyone. And funnily a lot of what you said had already run through my mind.

When I posted I was totally in a pit and not coming out and what I was dreading most was seeing my man again.

Like I did say though things would look brighter with time. And within hours things were looking up.

The Fella came home and we continued like normal. Then he says that he's got no work Monday and wants to go to a stock sale. He said while he's there he'll do the test. He's not sure how but he'll just do it. Obviously he'd spent sometime thinking this through during the day. Thankfully he was able to laugh about it in retrospect although admitted that at the time he was pretty gutted. He even told one of his friends about it who was very, I guess you call it supportive or maybe understanding and I suppose that made him feel a bit better too.

So we'll see if it ends up happening Monday.

GS - you mentioned different ways to 'collect' - believe it or not barring the condom we tried almost EVERY which was lol!!! It just was not happening!

I'm thankful that we're moving past this and that he has decided on his own plan of attack to get this done.

And moving on.

Today some of my netball team and I did a team building exercise. What did we do? Tramped across some mountains! We made great time - took us approx 6hrs which is pretty good going considering we stopped a few times. It was hard going but good fun. Its a pretty popular mountain crossing here which heaps of tourists do each year. Today alone there would have been around 2000 people doing the track. I know nuts huh? So pretty much it was like one big group walking together.

Anyway that's my day :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you looking brighter! :-) Talking to a bloke - big thing! Woah! He has my kudos. That's awesome! Taking the initiative to try again on his own - even better. What a keeper! ;-) Hoooopeeefully, doing his own thing in his own space etc will help get the job done. Once you cross this hurdle that ball is gonna bounce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just been catching up on your blog and reading the last few entries and want to reassure you that you are not alone (or at least, your husband is not alone!). I have heard of this happening before, a bit like performance anxiety and the fact that he is willing to try again so soon is great! Hopefully he'll feel less pressure next time. Poor guy must be just as anxious for the results as he is in providing the sample. Onwards and upwards and hopefully one day you will be able to look back and have a wee giggle about it together. xox

    ReplyDelete