Today has been a bit of a slow day which is absolutely ok because its Sunday and school holidays.
Last night I went round to catch up with a girlfriend. We had a few drinks and a great time gas bagging about life in general. It was fun! And today my bestie has come home from Perth for a few months so will hopefully catch up with her on Tuesday for breakfast. Will be lovely to see her but am a little frustrated by her return. You see she took 1yrs leave from work to travel to Australia and try something new. She's a teacher like me but was working in retail over there. Didn't love it one bit pretty much because I think she thought she'd cream in some money and hasn't. In fact she's come home with nothing much really. Although she did met a man and last I talked to her she was blissfully in love which is AWESOME cos that's what she really needed. It's totally her life and all but I just wish she'd finished out the year over there at least instead of making a hasty decision to come home, leaving the BF there etc for now. No doubt she'll go back to him. I dunno I just don't get it. Doesn't help she's been pretty laxed on the communication front so its been hard to get a straight story from her. Can't wait to sit her down and get the facts.
I do love her to bits though.
Tonight the Fella and I are off to the neighbours to watch the Auz vs All Blacks rugby world cup semi-final. I'm actually really nervous for the AB's! They have the whole country riding on them to win this game. Doesn't help its our age old rivals that we have to play. Last night the Welsh supporters cried when France beat them by one point I can just see that being me if we lose tonight. I know, I know its just a game but we love our rugby do we kiwi's. Plus we've got tickets to the finals next weekend and as you can imagine we would really rather be going to watch NZ play France than Australia! No offence my Auz friends but I'm sure you can understand! However if the worst happens then we're going to support Australia.
Have got some mean cramps going on so AF must be arriving sometime tomorrow. Will be 13dpo so that makes sense. Good to know its on time I guess. Then it'll just be the count down to hump week. Bring it on.
Not much else to report from here of any excitement. Have had a great weekend. Yesterday I got most of the gardening up to date, did the lawns etc then today I planted out my livingstone daisy seedlings. I planted a whole packets so there's like a squillion still to plant but just imagine what it will look like when they flower!! oooooh I just can't wait!
Anywho best be doing the dishes and getting ready to go out.
You should take pictures of the flowers when they all pop up :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a good time catching up with your friend. I have some friends that we go forever without talking, but then when we can sit down and catch up it's supercalafragilisticexpialidotious fantastic! :)
Even though this digital age is awesome in many ways, it doesn't beat face-to-face.