Ah the joys of having to work and being the sober driver.
Yesterday the Fella and I headed down country to watch the All Blacks play one more time and took another couple who are our very good friends with us. We had a ball together. They all had enough drinks to sink a small ship making it even more pertinent that I indeed needed to drive.
We drove a part way then parked up at caught the train into the game which was pretty straight forward. Went to a bar for a drink then to the game. At 78mins into the 80min long game the Fella decided he could not hold on any longer and exited to the bathroom. He was told to wait there for us. The game finished. We bolted as fast as we could the bathroom and hello no Fella. 42,000 people and we'd lost a crew memeber :( First we decided to see if he was outside the stadium having a smoke. He was not. Then we decided to wait to see if he came out. He did not. We decided to walk further down the concourse and see if we could find him. We could not. I didn't want to leave the city and travel 40mins on the train on the off chance that's what he'd done. So we waited for AGES. Still no Fella. The girl of the couple we were with was rather wasted by this point thanks to lots of wine, not much time and a blash of cold air. She was demanding we just left and I was demanding we did not just leave. Anywho finally I gave up and hooked it to the train. Thankfully I made contact with another friend who'd travelled with us but had gone to the fanzone then beat us to the train. She promised to look for him at our stop. AND he was there! The lil dweeb had seen the thousands of people leaving and just went with the flow. I felt a bit silly for worrying but then I find out that originally he got on the wrong train cos he couldn't remember the station nor platform of where we were going. Just proved my worries weren't for nothing. Anyway we can laugh now but at the time I was almost crying!
Anywho I drove them all home and on the way we had some pretty full on drunken oversharing from the Fella. He might've been tiddly but what he said had truth behind it. We got talking about sex and then he started to prattle on about how (this part he went over the top with exagerations) we'd shagged day and night for days and days and still I didn't get pregnant so now he has to try all over again. And fuck knows why it didn't work and now we'll have to do it for the whole month rah rah. Like I say total overshare so luckily they're good friends lol. He might've been a bit over the top but in essence I could hear loud and clear how he was feeling. My poor man. I just wanted to give him a big hug and tell him he's doing a great job. (Yes I know that he needs to be tested - it will happen).
So that was Sunday. The day of drunken insight.
Bit gutted as today was supposed to be my next appt with Felicity but it had to put off again as she's unwell. Hopefully tomorrow at 3.30pm I can finally get to hear how things are going. I sure am busting to know!
I would have been crying, I would have been really scared! Although I think I would have tried calling his cellphone, but my husband is practically surgically attached to phone and almost always has it on him. I know not everyone is like that.
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing that as emotional as he is about all the shagging getting no "results" that he hasn't elected to just get tested... hopefully he can come to that place soon. Infertility is tough on both folks in the couple, unfortunately men have a harder time expressing it. Perhaps the alcohol was much needed just so he could have that release?
Yes well if he'd actually had his cellphone with him instead of leaving it on the table, saying he didn't need it, the whole situation would've been much more simple lol.
ReplyDelete