Her smile used to be wide. The kind that rippled through her face and right into her eyes. A smile that enveloped the whole body. That radiated contentment. Her smile came from deep within. Right from the heart. Her smile meant she had not a care in the world. Her smile came without thinking.
Her smile used to drip happiness.
But that was before.
Now.
Now her smile is a thinly disguised mask. The smile appears but doesn't reach her eyes. The sparkle has gone. She smiles because knows she has to. She knows she has to wear it as her mask. To hide her true feelings. To hide her greatest fears. But her innocence has been shattered. It will never be regained. She will always have a piece of her that is sad. A piece that is angry. A piece that is jealous. A piece that is frustrated and a piece that is confused. Always.
Her smile. It will return. But it will never be the same.
It heals. Not completely. It leaves a scar and like all scars they hurt a bit if you poke them too much. But it is like the song "our scars remind us that the past is real". Xxxx
ReplyDeletePowerful words and ones I can most definitely relate too. I don't think I will ever be the same person I was before we started TTC but I know I am stronger for all that we have been through to get where I am now. Take care. xx
ReplyDelete