Monday, 10 October 2011

GP

Ok so just spent like 45mins waiting in the doctors office. Meh it was sooooo boring. All they had were stupid hunting magazines or girls ones that were like 2yrs old. Anywho.

I was there to get a repeat on my progesterone cream. I am so pleased I especially asked for Dr Hughes (Dr H) because she is the most wonderful caring kind person you'll ever have care for you. I find it much easier dealing with a Kiwi lady doctor than any other doctor any day (NZ seems to have a high perchant for overseas no very well spoken in the English doctors and while I'm sure they're fantastic at their jobs...hold on they are as I met some....I just really can't be bummed dealing with that hurdle right now). She asked if we were ttc (Dr H has been on maternity leave and has in recent months returned to work part time hence why I haven't seen her in the past). I explained yes and that it was 2 years and nothing. I told her that I had had Day 3 and Day 21 tests done in February and have been working with Felicity etc which she thought was great. I told her that the Fella had not had any testing done so we discussed how best to get him tested with minimal stress involved. I found that we could take the sample to the surgery as close as possible to the courier time and hope for the best or go to a city with a lab and do it there. She suggested that if we're going away anywhere to just do it where-ever we're going as it doesn't matter which lab we take it because she'll just contact the lab personally and explain the situation. Now I thought that was pretty awesome!.

She said the fact that it'd been 2 years meant we should really start pushing on with the next steps and getting him tested was needed in that. Like I didn't know that already but it was nice to have that confirmed. She sent me for a whole raft of bloods too that she likes to do for fertility, probably something I should have had done a long time ago.

So that's the conversation I'm having tonight. Again.

..............................................>>>>>>>>>........................
The above was yesterday. God knows what it all says. I can't be buggered reading or editing it. I blurted it out because I needed to get it off my chest before carrying on with work.

I kind of felt a bit at a loss after that appointment really. Don't get me wrong, she was great and it is wonderful to have someone so on the job helping us out but after hearing her confirm what I already knew, that we need to get the Fella tested, I felt like I was floating with no way of getting the process going IYKWIM.

Anyway I got home and pretty much had that conversation again with the Fella. The conversation where I press upon him the need to get tested. The conversation where he being the farm boy he is finds every excuse in the book for why he can't go get tested. I can tell from what he said he's apprehensive and it obviously freaks the fuck out of him. I think he might have even wiggled like a little kid who has to do something he doesn't want to. It wasn't like a heated discussion or anything. I basically just outlined what the doctor said, that I didn't necessarily think he had a problem but it was hard to move forward not knowing and we couldn't move forward not knowing.

Like I said it wasn't heated, it was calm. I'm actually getting good at this not crying thing! Inside I was screaming. Packing the biggest tanty. Throwing my toys out of the cot big time. I just wanted to whine and say just go get tested already! I wanted to swear and call him names. But I didn't because I know that doesn't work.

How frustrated are you guys right now? I know. Me too.

You can't make this shit up I tell ya.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I'll write a comment to a post in my head and then don't get to do it cause I get side tracked. :-/ So taking the opportunity to say...well not a great deal. Just good that things are happening and you're persisting with block even if you're raging on the inside etc. -huggles-

    ReplyDelete