****Warning this post is sensitive stuff if you are an animal activist my suggestion is that you stop reading now******
Sometimes its just better to stay on the couch. I've virtually been on the couch all day doing computer and school stuff. Not too motivated to anything after my big week away. Go figure after I was so motivated from the conference but to be honest I was whacked so really its lack of energy rather than motivation AND the weather is shite so I decided to use my time wisely.
Anyway...now remember animal activists I told you not to read on as this isn't a nice topic. Stop reading now....
Ok so you might remember the pregnant dog. You know the dog that got UTD before me lol. Accidently UTD I might add. Just to clarify we are farm people. We only have a few acres but both of us are farm raised. Unfortunately being farm raised comes with some tricky um values although am not sure that's the right word, infact I know its not the right word.
Please believe me when I say that farm people are not heartless. Honestly we are not. However sometimes we farm people have to do things, hard things, which we don't like but are practical. Remember that word practical. It becomes important.
Back to the dog. Well I went to let them all out for a run before feeding them. The weather's been bad so they've been cooped up all day. I went out there and the 'dog' poked her head out then scampered back into her kennel. That's when I heard it.
Or rather heard them.
They've arrived. Lots of them. I didn't bother counting I ran away. Inside. I don't want to know them. I heard enough, I saw some and I ran. I can't bond. Because they've arrived but they ain't staying long. I came in and sat at the table. With tears in my eyes I texted the Fella and filled him in. He won't be so looking forward to coming home. I had to try hard not to cry and thinking about it isn't good either. It sucks but its how it has to be. We can't keep them because where would we keep them and what would we feed them and how would we afford to get them vaccinated. We can't keep them to sell because they're farm dogs with not such good breeding, no one's going to take them.
It sucks but its how it has to be. Life isn't fair but its how it has to be.
Please don't judge us its just how it is.
You're in the wrong country. Aussies like nothing better than a bitsa (dog of many breeds and questionable) background to keep them company. I don't envy you...or mummy dog. :-(. Good luck. Perhaps not luck but positive vibe things in your direction. Xxx
ReplyDeleteOh what a hard thing to have to deal with. No fun for anyone. GS is right..us Aussies don't mind a dog that's of mixed breeds..infact I personally think they make for a better dog most of the time then the pedigree ones!!
ReplyDeleteOn the upside..you must be stoked that the ABs won!!!
Honestly, it is the kinder thing to do then to let them get sick or starve. I know it's hard, but I also know it's the right thing to do. I know what the statistics are, I see animals all the time that didn't get adequate care and are now suffering with owners that can't (or won't) pay to take care of them. No judgements, just a big hearty hug from me.
ReplyDelete