Friday, 1 April 2011

Scarey Stuff!!

Ooops just hit enter and posted this without actually writing anything :0 So our dog just had another seizure. It was broad daylight and bloody scarey. Only lasted for a couple minutes thankfully however when the fella went out to deal with it she was still in a trance and got quite vicious at him. I mean to the point where he got a huge fright and ran inside...whilst shouting profanities at the dog. It wasn't her fault and she wasn't to know. It was freaky! She came round and was a bit wobbly for a bit then was fine. Just like nothing had happened. Unfortunately though it looks like she may have to be put down. I think I've explained in a previous post our farming background and how this plays a huge role in the decisions made around animals. Sure there will be medication for her problem, one they deduce how bad it is etc however that costs money. She is only a working dog, and barely works as it is because she just doesn't have the drive. I am the only thing keeping that dog alive as FIL would've had rid of her months ago. BUT after today I have now come to the agreement that its probably for the best. The way she reacted with the fella scared the living daylights out of me! Imagine if this happened while children were around who then tried to grab her. I just couldn't live with that. We have no idea how often this happens as this time she had escaped from her kennel and have no idea what the cues are that its coming. We can't predict it and can't have an unpredictable dog (a rather large dog) roaming around. I know it seems terrible and I know some will not agree with it. I don't really either. I / We have to be practical about it is all. Its going to suck but its for the best for everyone. I'm sorry if I upset anyone. 6dpo - been a real biarch this afternoon right up until the incident above which snapped me out of it. God knows why but I have. I felt like I had no control over my emotions even though rationally I could see what I was doing. Stupid I know. Have had some acne too which sucks. And no I don't think its related to anything pregnancy like...its just normal cycle stuff. Right had better finish the dinner!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your scare! My thoughts are with you, it is hard to see a much-loved pet change or suffer. But for what it's worth I think it sounds like you are making the best decision. I hope the other people are supportive and understanding.

    ReplyDelete