Sunday, 3 April 2011

The End of Summer

Today signals the end of our day light savings. Boo! I LOOOOOVVVEE daylight savings. I love being home in the day light at night and being able to get down to the vege garden or washing line after work. I love that it means summer and warm weather is coming. I love it. But now its changed back :( Which means colder weather and winter are coming. Its definately Autumn now. The leaves are falling at a great rate of knots, however thankfully the weather, although cooler, hasn't been awfully cold......yet. I think the only thing keeping me sane about winter approaching is the fact we have a shed full of 2 years worth of firewood and that we're thinking of getting an econoheater for the bedroom part of the house so we'll be warm. Our house can be terribly cold if not heated right. It is a lock-wood which means its pretty much the planks width of wood between us and the elements. Theres about 2 inches of space in the ceiling and that's it. People tend to think that these sorts of houses are warm but I'm like how on earth could you think that??? Clearly they're not talking about our house! Anywho I'm blaming the impending winter on my total lack of any kind of motivation to do anything right now. I mean the suns out today but I'm still lurking around like a sloth. I just can't seem to summon any energy. And its not like I need to sleep kind of tired just lethargic. And this total lack of energy I think is what's behind my short temper lately. I'm dreading the colder months and its making me cranky! That and I'm already over the vermin that seem to think that our house is some place they can take up residence. Seriously I have lost count of the mice we have caught lately or of the times I've had to clean up their messes and now I suspect I have a much larger critter (rat) living in the dash of my car!!! I know...WTF???? There is going to be some serious vermin attack happening around these parts this week as I am NOT driving to work every day knowing that something is LIVING above where I put my feet to drive. Urgh I get icky thinking about it now! Naturally there's always going to be critters about when you live rurally and have dogs hanging out but I don't think its much to ask that we aren't over -run by them...surely. So anywho I guess I best be off and make the fella and his workers some lunch, and hang out washing and I suppose mow the lawn. I know I'll feel better for it...once I've put more clothes on perhaps :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need a couple kitties... The only time we ever had mice was right AFTER I rehomed my cats.

    ReplyDelete