Wednesday, 6 April 2011
The rat situation
I think mentioned that vermin were /are threatening to over take our lives. Sunday night we were awoken at 3am to a rat absolutely going hell for leather in the roof and carving a rather large and rather loud hole or something. It was so loud neither of us could really sleep so the man got on the bed and banged the ceiling which worked for like oooh 10 secs. So then we moved onto big guns...a broom. That seemed to get rid of them. Naturally at that time of morning many a big rat killing plan are hatched born purely out of heated frustration of not being able to sleep and having to work x hours. Plan a - was a massive bucket of rat bait some of which was to be placed in the hole they rats have been using to get in and out of the roof. Plan b - was a massive trap which was to be placed in my car in hope of catching the resident in there. This trap would then be relocated to other parts of the property once car rat was caught. Plan c - trim the rather over grown vine which covers our water tanks next to the house as the vermin are known to be living in there. This plan kills two birds with one stone...gives rats a jolly up and tidies the tanks. How are the plans going I hear you ask?? Well after that awful nights sleep I immediately purchased the rat bait and trap. The man sorted the bait out and I the trap. That night we briefly heard rat action and nothing since so can only hope that , that particular resident and his family have been suitable poisoned. The trap has not been so successful. AND tonight I found the stash of dog biscuits it had hidden in my car! Eww I know. A couple weeks back I brought home a sack of biscuits which got left in the car overnight. When we got them out the next morning there was a hole in the sack with biscuits gone. This was the first thing aluding us to rat infestation. Urgh the whole thing just grosses me out. Fecking rats! I guess at least we're still catching mice so we're making progress there. I'd love a cat however that's a negatory there. No lil puss for me. Man I just blog to blog sometimes! AFM - 11dpo. Gassy like no-one's business and its driving me nuts. Been really ratty ('cuse the pun lol). Tired, run down. Going nuts waiting for the weekend. Am all over the show. But that's nothing new. How the heck do you know you're pregnant before AF is late? Because I just find it all so confusing. I guess I'll find out one day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Absolutely feel your pain. We had a mouse in our old rental that got so cocky it would strut around in broad daylight. I didn't want to kill it or have it die somewhere from bait and stink the place out that I devised a series of traps to catch the sucker. Eventually did...not with the $40 contraptions but a $2 job from thr local hardware. Drove it 10 suburbs away and dumped it in the street in the rain! LOL! for the record, mice like nutella.
ReplyDeleteWe also had a rat in our current place that used to wake us up at 3am gnawing a hole in goodness knows what. Thing eventually wasnt scared by us virtually punching the walls so we brought in the pest control dude. Dehydrations bates FTW!! Lol!
As for the last question... If you're anything like me, pretty much no way to tell cause everything behaves the same. Good luck!!
Oh the lovely rodents that come out as summer ends. We have to prebait our house each year to keep the little gross things away. I hate just knowing they can be close.
ReplyDeleteSee I say the same time each month, how does anyone really know? Yeah you can temp and you can watch some of the signs but how much of it is gas or just regular things you have all the time? Ugh, the unknown really sucks, even when its only for two weeks!
I am so hoping that this will be a good month for both of us!
Hey, if you're like me, at 11DPO I would get some early response preggo tests and POAS like there's no tomorrow (or at least first thing in the morning, every morning until I either get a positive or AF shows up).
ReplyDeleteBut again, that's just me. :-)