Sunday, 28 November 2010

drama central

Well our beloved dog is sick. This is the dog that is like a child to us and who if he died my man would miss like his own leg!
Last night the dog was limping round on a front leg and we thought nothing of it other than he'd cut it racing round with the fella at work or something. Then this morning I wake up and the dog is on the floor panting like there's no tomorrow and his foot was red and swollen and he just wasn't him. The fella being a man was thinking he was just being all soft and would come right (but secretly he was a little worried I think). Anywho we had to go out and decided that he'd be fine and we'd take him to the vet the next day. So we go out (the going out is a whole other story which didn't end well so we'll just not go there today ok?) and then come home and hello no dog. No dog on the floor where we left him thinking he would not move too far, no dog in the ANY bedroom, lounge or kitchen. No dog under the house or the sleep out. We looked here and there, rang the usual neighbour he goes to even drove a round a bit looking. No dog. By this stage I'm thinking the absolute worst and that he's gone off to die somewhere and we'd not find him till it was too late. And yes I, who at times is not fond of this dog, was starting to get all female emotional and about to cry. So home we come and my fella is all like right we need to look under every bush on the whole property and find the dog. By now he's getting pretty tense too but trying to be all manly and grown up. This time after about 5 minutes I found him lying in a patch of bush behind the house so I get the man (I sure and heck wasn't going to find out if he was alive that's for sure!) who grabs him and brings him inside. He was ok but definately NOT well. Cue a phonecall to the vet (on a Sunday - urgh expensive!) and off we trot to town. Turns out the dogs foot is infected which we kind of knew already but his temp was 41 degs c - apparently doesn't get much higher before death! The vet had a poke around but couldn't find the problem that is a cut or anything but gave him a good dose of antibiotics and sent us on our way.
Already the dog is much happier although still pretty sick and I'm SO SO glad we didn't wait another day.
Now we just have to wait with baited breath for the darn bill! Not to worry though...we love our dog.

As for me - I'm pretty certain i still haven't ov'd even though its CD15. I haven't had anything near a + opk so I'm just hoping like crazy that I didn't miss the surge and have ov'd without realising it cos we haven't BD'd since Tuesday :( What bothers me most is the lack of ewcm and the stupid light spotting...its really thrown me off.
Oh well will try for some bedroom fun tonight. Must be off now to plant some lettuces and start the dinner...

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hope your pup heals up quickly! Nothing like having a member of the family unwell, especially the four legged kind

    ReplyDelete