Sometimes I will see a friends name pop up on FB or skype and for a small instant I forget that they are pregnant (I have several friends I do this with). Then I remember that, that particular friend is pregnant and that is one less thing I have in common with that person. I realise that sounds very self absorbed of me but it actually really worries me that the longer it takes me to get pregnant and the more of friends who do get pregnant and have children the less we will have in common. I know real friends will always be friends and I have no doubt that my circle of friends will go the long yards I just hate that vision of their children being school age (or worse high school age!) and mine still in nappies. Yes I know that it shouldn't matter and it won't....its just food for thought I guess.
And I know I need to get 'that' vision out of my mind and replace it with images of us with a babe for 2011's xmas because that's how its going to be!!!!
Today is one to take the time to realise the blessings we have in our lives no matter how much we wish for more....
I may have mentioned in an earlier post that the entire nation has been literally holding their breath waiting for news of the Pike River Miners - On Friday there was a massive blast in this coal mine which trapped 29 men. The methane gas has been such that any attempt to enter the mine for rescue would have been extremely dangerous. Then this afternoon an even larger blast occurred in which the rescue services concluded that it was nearly impossible for anyone to have survived (if indeed they survived the first blast - no one knows if they even did). 29 men. 29 good citizens of NZ gone. My heart just breaks for their families. What a tragedy. What a good way to make people like myself realise that there are bigger things in life that whether or not they're pregnant right now. If it happens now or next mth or the next....the pain I feel now is nothing compared to what those families are feeling right now.
I am lucky to have life and love.......
No comments:
Post a Comment