Saturday, 6 November 2010

I think I need to quit Dr Google

My gosh do I need to quit dr google! It is just far too easy for one to start freaking themselves out about all manner of reasons for why they are not pregnant yet.

I'm now freaking that maybe I have some sort of hormonal imbalance (man so much for not caring too much this month or whatever it was I said I was doing) which is why I feel so rotten (without EPO) when AF is coming and why I have acne and good hair growth where women just don't want hair to grow. That last part I find hard to admit..I was bullied at high school about my hairiness and it took me MANY years to be ok in my own skin. Anywho I'm freaking out that I could have PCOS or Endo. I am SO going to the doctor if AF comes, only 5 more weeks left of school then I'll have the time to do this. Along with going to the dentist...I've put that off long enough now and starting to pay for it and if I leave it much longer I will literally pay big time.

So no more Dr Google for this gal. Will only need to make it through tomorrow then my week will get so busy and I won't have time to think about it except on my drive away to the hen's party but I won't be able to hit the net so that'll be ok.

Speaking of hens parties. In a week I'm testing. I'm breaking my golden # 1 rule that I have not broken for many months and I will test at 11dpo (next Saturday). Why? to see if I may partake in a drink of the alcoholic variety. Yeah I know you shouldn't really drink at all when ttc but hell I tried that and it wasn't so fun so now I limit myself only in the tww or near ovulation. I am still worried that it could be too early still so I'm still undecided how I'll proceed after testing.

AND as for how I'm feeling today (4dpo) well my cold has cleared up remarkably and I'm just a little runny nosed and a little sore throated oh yeah and a bit tired. Yeah that's it apart from the oscar winning gas I'm having too but who knows what, where, why or how? with that but its down right cheesing me off...I just feel really uncomfortable and crampy.

Not to worry. Tomorrow is another day:)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I convinced myself I had PCOS at one point. Much the same reasons as you but also had longer cycles and my body seemed to gear up for ovulation around the right time, then get over it before trying a second time and succeeding. My temps were also up and down and a little random generally. Of course, one simple ultrasound binned that idea. Actually, funny thing about the extra hairiness, pregnancy seems to have largely cured it! I was looking at my upper lip last night and realised the hair had actually gone lighter...like I can't remember when I wasn't threatening to crack a mo! LMAO!

    But you've been trying for a year and since your naturopath has been a no show, your doctor should quite happily put you on the road to get everything checked out cause you've done your obligatory 12 months. PCOS isn't a death sentence by any means. Your cycles are pretty good and you must actually be ovulating because you get AF on your own so it may just need a poke and a prod and you'll be right. IF that is the case. ;-)

    In regards to drinking... stress less. If your baby to drown in alcohol it needs a placenta. At 11DPO you've got a cluster of cells that is attached to another cluster of cells which will eventually turn into a placenta a fair few weeks down the track. Not much you can do right now to harm it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GS - you are a wealth of knowledge my friend! Where would I be without your calm head lol. My regularity in that dept is what I use to convince myself that I'm ok. Most of time I'm pretty certain I'm perfectly fine, just sometimes Dr Google gets the better of me lol.
    As for the drinking thing...that is some very useful information..I think if I get a BFN I will just use moderation on the drinking thing. I don't really want to go over board anyway as I have a 3hr drive home the next day and from past experience that SUCKS with a hangover haha!

    ReplyDelete