Today I was at work and I was actually walking around composing a post in my head. Almost like a running commentary as I walked around. Anywho I forgot what witty title I had so hence what we've got.
So I wanted to say thanks for the helpful comments on my last post (I think it was the last one) about my opk saga.
I did one yesterday and it was negative so I'm going with Tues/Weds ov as it coincides with the stabbing ovary pain I get. Not that it really matters all that much in the realm of baby making cos we only did the business Sunday anyway so our chances are on the outside and I'm not holding out much hope.
What more can I do? The fella is aware our timing is bad but sometimes I wonder if its that way on purpose (on his part anyway). He has always been hesitant about having children BUT I know that if/when they come along he'll deal with it fine. To quote him from last year when we were discussing stopping the pill he said 'Why don't you just go off it and not tell me" so to me that's someone who's afraid to take the plunge but is ok with the possible outcome. And at first I gave him the option of using condoms for the first few months until my body had adjusted but he chose not to. I know I'm being silly but sometimes when you're feeling a bit frustrated dumb things come to mind.
To answer a question that was in the comments...I haven't temped yet. But I guess its something I'll have to consider. I was trying to avoid it probably as a inner protest to the fact that I should just be able to get pregnant without having to do all this other stuff. All I wanted to do was get pregnant. That was it. But clearly that's not the cards I've been dealt and I need to start looking at other options.
Anywho that all came out a bit garbled...I just needed to get it out. Half of it I don't seriously think its a major issue but sometimes I just have to get my insecurities out!
Am feeling a bit fragile healthwise with a very sore throat and quite tired. I almost didn't go to work but being the person I am I did. I've been gargling vinegar, drinking lemon juice...you name it I've tried it. Think I might be due an early night..
Sunday is only two maybe three days before... you're still in with a shot. Sperm are supposed to live that long normally so as long as few made it to ovary safety, you've got an opportunity. *nods* I'm gonna be positive for you!
ReplyDeleteNow... temping.... this is my forte!!! Is it necessary? Hmmmm... not ongoingly but is can be highly addictive. In the beginning it doesn't hurt because you can confirm that you are indeed ovulating, when and where it coincides with your LH surge. A cycle or two should provide the picture and then you can ditch and go back to basics.
Mmmmm blokes... yeah funny breed. I was never sure DH was really into into the baby making thing. But learned over time that boys psychologically operate differently from us... that and I was putting the pressure on inadvertantly with the whole sex thing. When we did finally fall pregnant, well, I haven't had a doubt about how he feels. Everything that he says of the pregnancy on me gets him excited. He's going to a be a great father. I think I would have spent time worrying less about his motivation and interest if I could see ahead to this. But yeah, sounds like your bloke is into it but just doing the uninvolved boy thing. Just be the dancing in between....