Wednesday, 25 August 2010

How's the Baby Making Going?

Well where to start? Not too sure...but be warned that its going to be random whatever I decide to run with haha!

So first off only one more sleep till we leave for our netball tournie weekend! SOOOOOO excited....its the ultimate girls time away (ok maybe not everyone's ultimate but amongst MY ultimate). We play netball for a couple days and usually do quite well. Most of us get on really well and are like one big family (there's 2 teams going). This time a few of us are going to a big spa/hot spring place one evening for a luxury massage but the hotel we're staying at has a hotpool, spa and sauna and private massages too. For little country bumpkins like ourselves we get pretty excited about stuff like that lol. Anyway so long story short I'm excited and I've been busy getting washing dry and packing bags.

In amongst my busy-ness of getting ready I had a long overdue catch up with my mum. I don't think we'd actually talked in like a month. Anywho so we're talking and I get the 'hows the babymaking going' question. I KNEW this would happen when my mum found out. I know she's just being supportive and its lovely but...well I dunno what I think! So clearly she's been thinking about this whole thing since we first talked because she now thinks I should go see a doctor. This is the lady who told me 'it would happen one day' now thinks I should see someone.
I know it sounds strange but I was ok with not seeking help yet because mum didn't seem worried but now...
I tried to explain how I felt particularly about the fact I don't have a relationship with the doctors in town as they're always changing and SO busy that I feel wrong taking up their time when I'm not sick. But then again it is their job. Talked about getting acupuncture...talked with a friend the other day who said our local physio is really knowledgable in that dept particularly 'women's issues'. I hadn't even considered him so its good to know, however he has very limited hours which makes it hard to fit in with work.
And work is a factor in getting help things like blood test aren't easy to fit in when you're a teacher in a small town. Needless to say healthcare in my town is pretty limited.

No doubt I'll sort a solution. I'm due to ov next weekend - hopefully Sunday as I'm going away over that weekend as well so will have to getting busy as much as we can before then...not complaints from me lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment