Wow.
We're another step closer. Today we picked our donor and signed the consents.
We start iui at my next cycle.
Wow.
I can't believe it. I really can't. The fella was really good. Well better than I expected. Hadn't wanted to help pick. He said he'd rather not know but I managed to make him come with me. I told him he didn't need to come to the actual insem. I didn't expect him to be into reading the profiles but he was. He wasn't into making the final decision but in the end he agreed with what we chose. Only had three to choose from and they weren't particularly tall like I wanted in fact two were quite short like shorter than I by a bit. One was gay and one was married. It came down to those two but in the end one was more like the fella - including the types of interests he had so it was that the one. He's the married one which for some reason sat well with me. He has one child, a boy, and lots of brothers (3) so we might get a son with stats like that.
I don't care what sex but I know the fella would go better with a son.
There was a little hiccup with funding. I for some reason thought we were in the public system for this but we are not. But the lady is following up to see and get back to us. There's waiting time on public so I don't mind paying. The fella reckons it'll happen first pop so doesn't matter lol. We can probably do private while on public list anyway.
So here we are. CD 1 is at the weekend I could be doing iui for my birthday. Never thought is spend my 30th with my legs in stirrups!
So excited for you! Such a big step you guys have made - can't wait to hear how it goes - have everything crossed for you - Maryanne
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that you are so close to getting your bubba. I am so excited and can't wait to hear the rest of the journey. I am glad that your Fella came along with you.
ReplyDelete