Calm the frick down already!!!
I'm ALL over the show and if I don't calm the heck down this IUI is not going to work out in the way I want it to.
Stress - I don't think I can recall being this stressed in a long time. Doesn't help that everything has happened all in the same week.
Organising school assembly (these happen once a term so are a big deal), dealing with lil shit kids and their even shitter parents (don't get me going on last week), blood tests 4 times this week at least with an 1.5hour drive one way and then racing back to work. My parents coming to stay next weekend because its my birthday. Having a bbq because its my birthday. Ovulating right when I don't need to be driving 6 hours round trip but I really do (if that makes sense).
It's all on.
And my mind is about to explode. Oh and I forgot to mention netball function on Friday night that I was hoping to miss but now have to attend due to key people not being able to make it. So somehow this week I need to be getting shit sorted around here for the arrival of my parents and people for dinner as well as everything else.
I need some advice on what I can do to ease this.
I know that once Wednesday is over I should be ok as that assembly stress will be over. Then its the weekend to get through.
I'm stewing about this whole ovulation thing - for me it can be anywhere from CD13-16 - usually CD14. CD16 is Monday next week and that's the day I have this very important meeting that I don't think I can put off. Especially since I don't know until the day before whether or not I'm going for IUI.
ARGG.
I'm just trying to tell myself to go with the flow and deal with whatever I have to deal with as it comes up. I guess its more not having enough time in the day and my class is where it starts to suffer.
Phew....breathe.
It will all be ok.
PS - the fella's truck incident wasn't as bad as I first thought. Still sucks but its life.
I don't know how helpful this will be BUT while I was going through IUI and then IVF I felt bad about having time off from the kids or missing important meetings but I had a moment where I thought teaching is just my job. This baby making is my life. When I am 80 I won't regret missing the meeting or not coming to school for a couple of days because of egg collection or waiting for The Phone Call but I will regret not doing everything I could to have a baby.
ReplyDeleteI know it is easier said than done but it is absolutely worth using your energy for you and the fella to have a baby. If that means telling your parents you want a low key birthday weekend, missing the netball function, having everyone bring a plate or cancelling the bbq I reckon you should do it. I don't think stress will change the outcome (I find it particularly insulting that people think that could be why a person can't get preganant but that is a separate rant!) but it might just make life a little easier for you because God knows infertility is stressful enough.
Good luck! (And Happy Birthday)