Saturday, 9 June 2012

Like Riding a Bike

There are somethings in life that are like riding a bike. You never forget how to ride a bike and apparently you don't forget how to knit.

Random I know but I was fossicking around looking for the iron (yes I had to hunt it down...we aren't really 'iron' people in this house lol...much to mothers disgust haha) and discovered my old knitting bag.

I've never been a big knitter nor am I at all good. I can knit blocks/ strips and thats it. I don't actually feel the need to learn anything else or intend to actually knit something, although I did think knitting socks would be rather fun. But all I really wanted to do was find out if I remembered how to get the thing started and knit. And I do remember and away I went knitting another block lol. I figure once its finished I'll give it to some kid for their doll or something. I'm never disciplined enough to go the whole hog and make a scarf.

Bit nana-ish but thing is I found it therapeautic. I went into a trance and that was it, happy as. That was until the cat came along and tried playing with the wool and needles haha, then the dog wanted in on the action...I had to stop.

Anywho random share for you. Mind you on a similar topic Mum gave me her 30yr-21st-birthday-present sewing machine last weekend as she'd upgraded for her quilting obsession. My mum is such the sewing/knitting/ crafty clever lady and I am just not that into it ( can you imagine what cool stuff I'm gonna get when I finally produce a grandchild? No need to buy bedding for this kid...). Might take up a bit of sewing and see what I can remember. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need the manual she gave me though!

Hmmm what else to tell? Nothing much really. Have had a couple good conversations with the Fella about this whole ttc thing. He admitted he's a little bit concerned that he'll have no sperm at all. I don't think its enough to put him off doing it full stop but more that he is aware of what chemicals he's come into contact with in the past and how toxic some of it is. Just the nature of farming 15yrs or more ago and what they came into contact with, the lack of knowledge of how damaging that kind of thing is etc. Freaks him out a bit I think. Guess we just have to see don't we.

Talked more about what would happen if we continue not to get pregnant even after intervention. I have to be thankful that he's so open to adoption because he suggested that again as our final option. Not that I have anything against it but its not my most ideal option. I'll be honest in saying I'm in this for the total experience so to speak which includes pregnancy, however if that isn't meant to be....

Thing is here in NZ less that 100 babies are adopted out and the policies are pretty tight.

So yeah...
And to answer that burning question I know everyone who's been reading for sometime wants to know *cue sarcastic laugh* relating to man-testing and its timing....well I don't want to jinx it by voicing it and having to backtrack on here but it could be sooner that expected. I'll leave it at that and see if it actually happens.

Righto might be time for bed...xx

1 comment:

  1. I can understand adoption not being the ideal option. I'm not sure that I ever would have gone for it had it come to it. Perhaps it is selfish but I would really want to be a parent to my child. The one that is part me and part DH and that I have carried and birthed etc. Having gone through it all, it has really changed my ideas about surrogacy too.

    I think over here there is a rule that you have to have been free of fertility treatments for 18 months or two years or something like that before being allowed to adopt. I guess they really want to know that prospective parents want to adopt because they really, really do want to be parents.

    I hope that it doesn't come to that. Obviously there is something going on with one or both of you guys. It will be good to get some answers down the track and hopefully, there will be options available which prove successful. :-) Forever your optimist!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete