Friday, 15 June 2012

Doctor Appointment

So azoospermia was the term put on the referral to the urologist. The urologist is the person who will see if there is any way we will have children together.

This is basically what the doctor said. The urologist will determine whether it is a blockage or that there is no production. From there the urologist will try to fix the problem if he can. If he is unable to help then we go back to the doctor for a referral to the fertility specialist. The way the doctor was talking that would be using donor sperm.

Talk about freak a girl out.

I'm not convinced that a trip to the urologist will be the final answer. If he can fix it I still don't think it will be plain sailing from there. I am hopeful the Fella actually produceds sperm and that ICSI will be an option for us. I have couple of friends who have had IVF and dealt with male factor so have a good support base IRL.

For now we are in that limbo land of waiting to hear from the urologist and getting an appointment. The doctor didn't seem to think that it would be too long a wait. Better not be.

Just taking it in short time periods right now. I can't think too far ahead its too overwhelming. I've decided to just live my life for now. I can't face telling my parents just yet. Everytime I think about it I get upset. Its a set of complex feelings that I might talk about another time.

Anyway that was our day. Still processing most of it...

Thanks for the wonderfully supportive comments too.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Take your time. Take as long as you need. You haven't exactly been told that your dog died. This is some big heavy stuff which will play into your future in a big, big way. You have every right to feel sad, angry, confused, overwhelmed and every shade of grey between and on either side.

    Stalking you always.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete