Friday, 6 January 2012

Sentimental Talk

With the distraction of the past few days I forgot to share my New Years Eve happenings.

Right up until dinnertime we actually had no plans. Earlier in the week we had discussed with our friends next door spending the evening at their place, out in the sun, just a few drinks etc so they could put their kids to bed in their own room and enjoy the night. Anyway after speaking to them earlier on NYE day it didn't look like much would be happening - the weather was crap and my friend wasn't that interested anymore but she would call me.

That was ok. We decided we might go to the local bar which was having a theme night (Pirates and Wenches) in lieu of them ringing us. As the day wore on the Fella became less and less keen on doing anything, but me being the social butterfly secretly wanted to go somewhere! Anyway as we ate dinner I said that if he wasn't keen we could just stay home and he said we'd see what happened. By this point we were drinking some champange cocktails (I figured if we didn't go out we didn't have to miss out on drinks!).

By this point I truly thought our night was destined to be over before it began. That was until a couple of guys from next door stopped by. They were heading to the bar and stopped by for a drink. Not long after that my friend stopped by too. Soooo what was supposed to be a quiet night turned out to be not so quiet.

After a fashion we got ourselves suitable attired as a pirate and wench (not easy to do in an hour with only what one has in their wardrobe but apparently I have wenchy clothes!!!) and off we went.

The nights that aren't meant to be always turn out to be the best. Our local is attached to a tourist lodge which has a major tour bus visit most days. The bus didn't come that night so it was just other tourists, staff and locals - a small crowd but a fun crowd who were really 'into' getting drinking lol.

Anywho point being we had a great time. The Fella got rather sozzled, I stopped drinking by midnight...just couldn't be bothered...I'd reached a point happiness and didn't need anything else.

So midnight came, we counted down and wow. I don't think I've ever felt so much energy at a new year. The place was buzzing. We did the hurrah and there was this pause before the Fella turned and kissed me. It felt like he and I couldn't be more together than we were right then. I wish I could remember what we said to each other. I remember feeling a sense of calm come over me though. I didn't think to myself "this time next year...." I don't want to put that over my head again.

Naturally it came time to hug and kiss everyone. The last person I hugged was my friend. She hugged me as tight as she could and told me she loved me, that this was going to be a good year and that hopefully I'd be hearing the pitter patter of little feet because I deserved.

I cried. Damn sentimental talking got me all welled up. If I hadn't been in a bar celebrating new year I would've let go and cried buckets but of course I couldn't so took a deep breath and wiped away the tears.

Just knowing people are there for me and care helps big time.

I really hope 2012 is the year of dreams becoming reality I really do. Not only for myself but for everyone I know in RL and in blog world...for people like Miss Conception, Bleeding Tulip and Waiting for that Positive. I hope we can all have our dreams come true.

Heck knows we've paid our dues.

We deserve this!

No comments:

Post a Comment