Apologies - I tried to put these at the end but they jumped up here and I can't be arsed fixing it. These are pics of my garden for ya'll. Fingers crossed no-one I know finds them otherwise I'm busted lol. Its nothing that special really but I enjoy it. There's plenty more garden where that came from too and lawn oh how I love the lawns (not).
I don't really have anything pivotal to say today but I just felt like writing.
Its raining, like really raining so I can't go and amuse myself with the endless tasks that a garden of my size creates. I've already done a days work with the Fella dagging sheep (that is shearing the shite off their arses basically). Dirty muddy tiring work and I'm glad its not my full time job believe you me.
I'm fighting a nap. I had one yesterday and I ALWAYs feel so lazy wasting my holidays sleeping on the couch. But in my defence today the weather is pretty rubbish and I don't really have anything else to do inside aside from clearout my drawers of the clothes I don't wear to make room for the new clothes I got the other day. Sometimes I feel guilty for being materialistic and buying new clothes often. I do it because the ones I have start to look dowdy or go out of style which is rediculous if you really sit back and think about it. In reality we only do this because of what we perceive other people to think. I don't want people to look at me and think i look terrible just because of the clothes I wear cos I mean we're more than just the clothes we wear aren't we? Then there's the professional side of things of course. Anywho just a wee side thought.
I do tend to turn clothes into 'home/old' clothes and then anything else goes to the Salvation Army so at least they get well used.
Can you tell I've got too much time on my hands lol? The state of our wastefulness is a concern to me. Compared to our parents / grandparents we are such consumers and users. It doesn't make me proud to be this way. I watched a doco about the oil supply in the world and it FREAKED ME OUT! So much doom and gloom is not good for ones health. If somethings broken we throw it out instead of fixing it. Stupid but then we're not exactly encouraged to fix things. I mean if your microwave plate breaks its damn hard to replace just the glass (believe me I have been in this situation more than once and it sucks) so you just have to get a new microwave and then what do you do with the old one?
There's lots of other things in the general environmental scope that worry me but I won't go on. I'm interested to know what others think though...does anyone else worry about this kind of thing?
Its raining, like really raining so I can't go and amuse myself with the endless tasks that a garden of my size creates. I've already done a days work with the Fella dagging sheep (that is shearing the shite off their arses basically). Dirty muddy tiring work and I'm glad its not my full time job believe you me.
I'm fighting a nap. I had one yesterday and I ALWAYs feel so lazy wasting my holidays sleeping on the couch. But in my defence today the weather is pretty rubbish and I don't really have anything else to do inside aside from clearout my drawers of the clothes I don't wear to make room for the new clothes I got the other day. Sometimes I feel guilty for being materialistic and buying new clothes often. I do it because the ones I have start to look dowdy or go out of style which is rediculous if you really sit back and think about it. In reality we only do this because of what we perceive other people to think. I don't want people to look at me and think i look terrible just because of the clothes I wear cos I mean we're more than just the clothes we wear aren't we? Then there's the professional side of things of course. Anywho just a wee side thought.
I do tend to turn clothes into 'home/old' clothes and then anything else goes to the Salvation Army so at least they get well used.
Can you tell I've got too much time on my hands lol? The state of our wastefulness is a concern to me. Compared to our parents / grandparents we are such consumers and users. It doesn't make me proud to be this way. I watched a doco about the oil supply in the world and it FREAKED ME OUT! So much doom and gloom is not good for ones health. If somethings broken we throw it out instead of fixing it. Stupid but then we're not exactly encouraged to fix things. I mean if your microwave plate breaks its damn hard to replace just the glass (believe me I have been in this situation more than once and it sucks) so you just have to get a new microwave and then what do you do with the old one?
There's lots of other things in the general environmental scope that worry me but I won't go on. I'm interested to know what others think though...does anyone else worry about this kind of thing?
That's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSo I can't help but kinda LOL because my backyard looks more like an overgrown vacant. Stark contrast. Your place looks amazing!
ReplyDelete