I don't think I've ever really introduced the man part of this relationship properly. I think its time you all got to meet him or maybe read about him is more correct.
My longer time followers may have already gleamed some sort of impression already from other posts but I'll try to be as thorough as possible and to cover all angles lol.
And given last nights antics I guess now is the best time to be talking about him because I'm all loved up haha.
Anywho The Fella.
A typical kiwi, farming bloke. A real blokes bloke without a doubt. His father who I guess was his role model (even if a poor one at that) is even more a blokes bloke and thankfully mine has had the sense to not fully take after his father as its very likely I would have walked a long time ago.
He's rough as guts in all sense of the word. The way he dresses (although he does know how to dress nicely with my help and my word he looks HOT when he does!!!), the way he keeps house, everything. When we didn't live together he would work all week and the kitchen would become a foot high with dishes, rubbish and leftover food (I kid you not) the carpet thick with debris the lino sticky with unidentifiable liquids then in one foul swoop he would spend an entire morning cleaning it up. Usually when he ran out of clean cups and plates. I used to and sometimes still do come home to this kind of mess when I've been away. Although to his credit lately he's been better and the dishes and kitchen are done which is ok with me.
My Fella's life revolves around working. If there's work 7 days a week then he works 7 days a week. He's not afraid of a hard work. He has his own business and is never long out of work. I admire him for that. He bought our house nearly 7 years ago with the aim of paying it off in 10years. He has just over three years left and is on target. He pays the maximum on his mortgage per month. He pays for the house, we don't own the house together, I pay the other stuff to keep our life comfortable. It started out with just the food, then the phone/net and progressed from there.
Which takes me to my next Fella-risim. He is wary of women. His father divorced twice. The second wife (his step mum) took him to the cleaners moneywise. My Fella has a prior girlfriend for whom he paid for her to go overseas on her OE lots of money. Then the relationship never worked out. So yeah he's wary of girls and money. Hence why I don't own the house and only pay for the day to day stuff. We don't share bank acc's either. In fact I think it suits us both that way. I have my money and he his. We share it for sure. He needs some coin I lend him some and sometimes he does the same for me. I say lend - he fully intends to pay me back all the money I've leant him and his accountant keeps track lol.
Did I mention the Fella is 40 this year. Yep he's 11yrs 11mths older than me. It seems to work and like he says we make a good team.
The Fella is guarded with his feelings too. I can never tell if he's kidding or serious when he says things nice to me. It gets frustrating at times but when I get sad he just tells me that if he didn't want me here I wouldn't be here. Last night was different though. They say the truth comes out when you're drunk I think its true. Well for him anyway.
Last night he got drunk (that's another thing - when he gets pissed he does it little and well lol). I will spare you ALL the details but we were in bed and he asked if I loved him and I said I did then after a bit he said he loved me too. He loved me so much that he couldn't believe it and that he's always loved me. He said he didn't say it much because he was too scared to - it makes him weak. Bless him I nearly cried!!! Then there was more drunken dribble about me being happy and rah rah. Then he said he wanted to marry me one day because we were such a good team.
He treats me hard but I know deep down he means what he said. I say he treats me hard but I don't mean beats me or anything! By hard I mean like the bloke he is. There's no lovey dovey romance on valentines day, no holding hands in public, displays of affection are reserved for the bedroom or when no-ones looking or when an exceptional amount of alcohol has been consumed lol.
Its ok. I don't mind it. It allows me to be independent but still have someone special who when it really counts is there for me.
So that there is my Fella. Any questions feel free to ask? I think I might even do a how we got together post one day soon because that there my friends is rather funny - as you can imagine not really you're love at first sight type thing (or maybe it was?!!).
Right I best go cos his Mum will probably come visit today and well my house needs the full MIL make over all while I'm running on about 4 hrs sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment