Saturday, 21 January 2012

Its gonna hurt.

So today I got on up and drove 45mins to meet up with a friend / fellow netball player and do a workout. Her partner is a PT in the Army and often on a Saturday morning they go to the army gym (we have a camp nearby) to do a workout. Today she invited me to join them because I'd been telling her about how I was finding it hard to stay motivated exercise/training wise.

Did I mention he's a PT in the Army? Well as you can imagine this workout was particularly armyish. I was really nervous to start with because I wasn't sure if I could handle it but he was really good and pretty much said do the best you can.
We did this thing called cross fit. Its a short in lenght but HIGH in intensity. The first lot of exercises we had to do as many as we could in 20 secs then rest for 10 and repeat. We had to do that 8 times. I handled this part well. Then we did something a bit harder. We had 3 exercises and a shuttle run to do. We have to do each 5 times then move on to the next thing. When we'd been through each once that was counted as one round. We had to see how many rounds we could do in 15mins. It was hard and it was agony esp since one was pull ups which I SUCK at. I managed 7 rounds and didn't give up so I'm happy.

Now I'm sore. Like 'can't move my neck cos all the muscles are so sore' sore. Makes me look like a retard. Tomorrow is going to be worse. I think might even go get a massage. I keep meaning to but put it off however tomorrow I don't think I'll achieve much else if I don't do something to recover. I managed to mow the lawn - god knows how, it was hard work!

Anywho that's about it really. Might be time to have a wee nap.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to do crossfit before Z was born. Didn't have the money. Having said that I think you can go to the official cross fit site and do their work out of the day everyday which is some punishing thing. Anyhow, if I were you I'd be trying to get in on that session whenever possible. That would be awesome!

    Tried to comment yesterday but it was being an asshat. Don't quite remember what I was going to say either. Oh yes I do. What drug is it? Might be able to find out why. But will say that untreated thrush can inhibit conception as well so damned if you do or don't iykim. Perhaps if you've got a local chemist go and ask for a treatment that is pregnancy safe. I know that sounds dodgy but it walks on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I had big plans to go to spinning this morning but the munchkin kept me up most of last night so the gym didn't happen. Enjoy your armyesque workouts

    ReplyDelete