Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Back on the Track

Well folks its seems we're finally back on track. It might've only been a couple weeks of rockiness but it felt like forever. His doubts totally put my life on hold. I couldn't think about anything in the future because I wasn't sure if the here and now was going to be the here and now in say 6mths time.

But we're past it. This morning the Fella made a joke about when the kids arrives he'll be off and out all the time (don't worry this is just our running joke..gotta be there kind of thing). This got us on to councelling sessions and I said I wasn't going to worry about it till next year and he told me to book it now before he gets too busy. I couldn't believe my ears. I said I wanted him to be sure and he said he'd come to the conclusion that it was the best option for all. I am relieved even though I knew he'd pull through for me. Obviously he decided he couldn't live without me!

So yeah back on track. Have to book that councelling appointment, the first of two compulsory ones. Then have to have a high vaginal swap as well as a recent smear however had one about 2 months ago so maybe that will be ok, probably since I'm on a year cycle for those. Umm what else? Oh and I have to have day 2 and 21 bloods again but will get those closer to the time.

And that's that.

On school holidays for the moment. Went away to see friends for the weekend then worked today. Planning to spend the next couple days at home where hopefully the weather will sort itself and I can play in the garden then next week I'm off to a conference for 4 nights. Can't wait as its one of those really invigorating ones that get you sooo motivated.

Next term promises to be busy busy as per the norm for end of the year. Fingers crossed I get word about my operation for my knee soon. The stupid accident compesation people are reviewing whether or not the accident is related to the problems now (well doh!! Directly related you idiots). In NZ we pay a levy in our wages (and car registration and petrol and...and...) which goes towards an accident compensation fund. So when you have any kind of injury doing things like work, sport, gardening (believe it or not I got it for an infected hand from rose thorns) and pretty much anything you get your doctors fees subsidised, physio subsidised, specialist appts covered, and operations etc covered if needed. Basically anything that's accidental is covered. It's directed at getting people back to work as soon as possible which is great but while you're off work due to ops or whatever they pay up to 80% of your wage for a certain amount of time. Anywho I digressed...recently this corporation has become more like an insurance company so this whole review thing is pretty much to be expected. It just annoys me because how can they not see the correlation?

Enough of that dribble. Time I got off my butt and enjoyed my break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment