Wednesday, 24 October 2012

8th November

The date for my op is 8th November. Eek!! That's only 2 weeks tomorrow. So it was 3 wks from when I found out and boy oh boy do I have some things that need doing before then. I have 19 reports that need finishing for end of year. I have planning to organise. I have a house to turn over and tidy ....again so that when I come home I'm not stressing about that. I have a garden which needs a little more love and attention so when I get home I don't stress out about that. I need to find a person to mow the lawns and possibly keep on top of the garden for at least 6 wks. I have...I have...I have sooooo much rolling round my head!!
And throw in there a councelling visit on Friday and its amazing I'm managing to pull off any work whatsoever! Thankfully this weekend is free as a bird so I hope to nail a lot of the home stuff then plus the reports.

Once I've had my op I'm heading home to Mumsy for a week or more to recoup and relax. This being because the Fella is working. Its his busy season from now and he won't be around much to help me do things like get in the shower - ours is over the bath whereas Mum's is not. If I'm away I won't feel like I need to cook and be the housewife - it means he'll have to fend for himself but he'll be ok. Dumb thing is there's only dial up at Mum's which means no trawling the net for fun nor being able to access work stuff to keep me busy.
And this is the worst part (aside from the obvious being pain) is not being able to DRIVE!!! :(((((( I've been so independent for so long that I am NOT looking forward to having to rely on someone else to take me places. Especially when I come back here and will have physio etc. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to work out a way. Hopefully after a couple weeks I'll be able to get into the car a bit easier and since its my left leg and I have an auto I might be able to drive a little...but we'll see. I am very cautious about doing this recovery thing the right way because I don't want to have it not repair properly.

Anywho that's us for now. I'm going to be super busy for the next little while so bear with me.

Oops before I go I just read over and realised I sound negative nelly, aside from those stresses I'm looking forward to the day I'm fixed and back on the netball court AND the 10 week holiday from school!!! (Op is 4wks before school ends for the summer break)

No comments:

Post a Comment